Bandsaw boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
I am returning to woodworking after about a 6 year break. We have been traveling and camping with our horses during this time.

I was really interested in making furniture before my break. I think I am going to scale back the size and scope of what I make in the future. During my break I read an article about a national arts contest in Australia. This contest includes just about anything, paintings, sculptures, .... I was blown away when I saw the overall grand prize winner was a band saw box. This box really was a work of art.

I would like to make contact with any other woodworkers who are doing band saw work.

I am sure if this is not the correct forum it will find its way to the correct one:).

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
With practice and a good bandsaw you can make some very nice boxes. Most people who make them refer to them as "sanding boxes" due to the amount of sanding required. I've made some and will try again at some point. Good luck and have fun.

Red

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have made three in the last few weeks. They were fun. Sanding presented a challenge on how to do it efficiently. I found the best method was using a Proxxon long-neck angle grinder with a 2" flap sander, a Festool RO90 with an interface pad and a mop sander on my drill press. later tonight the interior of the drawers will be flocked and I will take photos tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors