Bandsaw assembly question

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockey1

New User
Jesse
So I splurged on a new bandsaw over the weekend and bought a Rikon 10-325. My question is during assembly the instructions told me to install the table and square it to the blade. I understand how to check to see if it is perpinduclar to the blade. But I do not know how to square it. The best example i can think of would be similar to squaring a tablesaw miter slot to the blade. Only this time I have to move the table and not the blade.

Thanks ahead of time
Jesse

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
YUP you got it,You get your blade all set an make sure it's turnin right ,then just line the table up to it. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up A big congrats to your new toy.

Last edited by a moderator:

gator

George
Corporate Member
Remember that the blade should be perpendicular to the table both side to side and front to rear. Square it to the side by the table tilt mechanism and you may have to use shims between the table and the trunnion to square it front to rear.

George

hockey1

New User
Jesse
Thanks on the kudos, Last month when Woodcraft had it on sale I called them and they informed me that it would be on backorder until March 6th which worked out well for me because I got tickets to he hurricanes game and was coming to Raleigh anyway, but they would hold onto one for me when their shipment came in and that they would keep it at the sale price for me as well. So that was an extreme bonus and I feel as though I must say that the gents at woodcraft did an excellent job at keeping me informed as well as they never once got snotty or perturbed at any question I threw at them. All in all excellent service at the store in Raleigh.

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/showphoto.php?photo=33027

So what I'm getting would be put the largest blade I can put on the saw and using a square measure the front of the blade (between the teeth) then measure the back of the blade and ensure that they are the same. I might be crazy but that just doesn't seem to be that accurate. I put a link in here showing the directions that I'm trying to get here.

If I am way off please tell me so. I may just be trying to over think it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS