Bamboo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
A friend of mine is giving me the remnants from his bamboo flooring adventure. I want to try to make some boxes from it. anyone have any suggestions on how to work the wood?

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
Use super sharp blades and bits. It splinters very easily, I used it to make end table tops because that was what the customer wanted. They turned out well but I did have to get a new table saw blade after because I to used flooring that had a finish on it. Keep us posted...

BrianInChatham

New User
Brian
I made some trim to match a bamboo floor I put in and had to keep fiddling with the router speed to avoid scorching the wood- I found it a lot more difficult than other materials.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
One of the best descriptions I have heard of that product is "fibergrass". That's because bamboo is big grass stalks. It is a strong tough fiber, but I would not call it wood. They have to use a resin to bind the fibers into a material that the Western world finds suitable as flooring.

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
Thanks to you all. I will do some testing to see what happens. I'll let you all know once I get the stuff in my shop.

BSHuff

New User
Brian
It has a very high silica content, and will dull blades very quickly. It works nice, but I don't find it worth the blade investment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS