Baltic Birch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ptofimpact

Pete
User
Need a few 12" x 12" good Quality BB. suggestions for Online, tried Rockler , not bad, looking for better quality

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Most of the lumber suppliers sell it. NC Hardwood for sure has it and will ship. At one time you could special order Appleply from Lowe's but not sure of the minimum.

woodworkingshop.com

Coleman
User
Try Klingspor's Woodworking Shop! Great Baltic Birch in the stores! Yes shameless plug but we really do have great Baltic Birch in 12x12

Thanks.

Coleman

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Many great NC based options on line including Klingspor, West Penn Hardwoods and The Hardwood Store of NC. Closer to home try a real lumber yard. No not Home Depot or Lowes. You can also try Anchor Hardwoods in Wilmington.

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
Thanks to all will check each of these
Any suggestion for ply other than BB ?
I think I have the same question. What is the name of the ply between the stuff that has a lot of voids and few layers (Lowe's) and Baltic Birch? Who sells it?

mquan01

Mike
Corporate Member
I think I have the same question. What is the name of the ply between the stuff that has a lot of voids and few layers (Lowe's) and Baltic Birch? Who sells it?

It is made by Columbia Wood Products and HD usually has it

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Baltic birch usually comes in 5' x 5' sheets (European standard measure), not 4' x 8', 4' x 4', etc. It's top quality plywood without voids. A 3/4" t sheet is $69 from The Hardwood Store.

https://www.hardwoodstore.com/hardwood-plywood

Most of us scrollers use 1/8" or 1/4" Baltic Birch. They also make 1/16" but that is very hard to find. Since I use mostly 1/8" I buy 3-5 sheets at a time so the price is at $20 per sheet which is $0.80 per 12"x12" piece.

srhardwoods

New User
Chris
check with your local cabinet shops, they can usually bring it in. I carry it in 5x5 and 4x8 sheets at 3/4'. $49 FOR 5X5 $75 FOR 4X8. Most cabinet supply distributors have it, so your local shop might help you out

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
check with your local cabinet shops, they can usually bring it in. I carry it in 5x5 and 4x8 sheets at 3/4'. $49 FOR 5X5 $75 FOR 4X8. Most cabinet supply distributors have it, so your local shop might help you out
Who would be a cabinet supply distributor in Raleigh?

Jeff

New User
Jeff
It is made by Columbia Wood Products and HD usually has it

What is the name of it specifically? It sounds like the "Industrial Platforms" variety listed on the Columbia Forest Products website but they have 9 other varieties listed too.

https://www.columbiaforestproducts.com/product/industrial-platforms/

I don't know what this is from the this poor description.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Picked up a Steve Wall catalogue at IWF. They sell BB in smaller sizes, and ship.

I looked at the Steve Wall website and they do indeed sell Baltic Birch (5' x 5') veneer core (1/8"-3/4"). This is a shipping footnote from their website and I assume that you still have to buy a full sheet.

The only Plywood that we ship Fed X and Ground, is Baltic Birch which must be cut in 1/4's.
woodline.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS