Baltic birch

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
I'm looking for Baltic Birch for making jigs. A 2' x 4' x 3/4" sheet was $45 at Woodcraft, is there anywhere else to buy it from that might have more reasonable prices ?

TIA

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
I'm looking for Baltic Birch for making jigs. A 2' x 4' x 3/4" sheet was $45 at Woodcraft, is there anywhere else to buy it from that might have more reasonable prices ?

TIA

I will split a sheet with you if you find some.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Check with Jackson International at the 401/55/42 intersection. He's listed in the Wood Suppliers list.

Dave:)

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
It's funny, I was at the Raleigh WC today and the BB was$24.99 for 12" x 30" and $44.99 for 24" x 30". Their website has 3/4" x 24" x 30" for $19.99. What gives ?

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Woodcraft marks it up a fair amount. They don't sell much of it so you can't blame them.

Last I bought I think was about $38 for a 5x5 sheet. I know Raleigh Hardwoods has it in all sizes but 1/2" as that was the size I wanted to buy.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
BB in 1/32 to 1/4 thickness is a staple for many scrollers. We use it because it is void free. It comes from Russia. A year or so back there was a global shortage due to weather conditions in Russia that impacted growth and harvesting. So if you find BB expect to pay for it.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Jimmy, you sure that wasn't the Finnish Birch ply you were looking at at WC? It's usually quite a bit more than BB and I believe the only diff is it uses exterior rated glue, someone correct me if I've run off the rails on that. They usually have the Finnish separated from the Baltic, but most times they're mixed when I'm in there.

Also, you can get a BB rated 60"x60" sheet of 3/4" for about $49 plus tax at Wurth/Raleigh Hardwood. Unless of course Robert gives you tha hookup! :gar-La;

Brian.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Jimmy, you sure that wasn't the Finnish Birch ply you were looking at at WC? It's usually quite a bit more than BB and I believe the only diff is it uses exterior rated glue, someone correct me if I've run off the rails on that. They usually have the Finnish separated from the Baltic, but most times they're mixed when I'm in there.

Also, you can get a BB rated 60"x60" sheet of 3/4" for about $49 plus tax at Wurth/Raleigh Hardwood. Unless of course Robert gives you tha hookup! :gar-La;

Brian.

Maybe it was the Finnish Birch, but it was the only 3/4" that they had and it was too rich for my blood.:no:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS