Baltic Birch Plywood (BBP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wagoneer

New User
James
I'm in Lewisville - right outside Winston-Salem - and was wondering if there was a supplier of BBP closer to me than driving to Gibsonville to visit the good folks @ the Hardwood Store? Sometimes driving those 50 miles (each way) just isn't feasible when I need a piece of BBP to build a jig or fixture. By the time I pay for fuel in my old truck all I can afford is some cutoffs they are throwing out - lol!:eusa_booh

Thanks in Advance!

J

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Can't help ya with the BBP, but what about using MDF for the jigs and fixtures? When you're in a BORG look for a really beat up sheet and talk them into letting you have it cheap.

sawduster

New User
Robert
with patience and a little planning I could perhaps help ya out . I have a pretty good stash of 1/4" X 12" X 48" bb and could part with a few pieces for ya
How much ya need ?
PM me

gator

George
Corporate Member
Stop by and become friends with some cabinet shops in the area. You might end up with a fairly steady supply of 'cut-offs'. And, if you need something a tad bigger they might even sell a piece occasionally to a friend.

George

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Call Wurth and see if their truck comes to Lewisville, and if so what days. With the slowing of the economy, they are a little more customer service oriented. I find that delivery charges are less than the cost of gas and lost time. As a reference, I recently paid a little over $35 for a sheet of 12 MM (1/2") BB/BB baltic birch.

wagoneer

New User
James
Many thanks for all the good leads. Thanks for the offer sawduster, but I'm looking for 3/4 (18 mm) stock. I'll take a raincheck though, as I'm sure the time will come that I need some 1/4" BB for something. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors