Bad accident update

Status
Not open for further replies.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
If these pictures are not allowed please take them down. I will spare you all the original accident pictures. Top two pictures were taking two weeks ago. Bottom two were taking today. PT is coming alone but is painful. I can't bend my thumb nor my middle finger. I show this because I want all of you to stay alert, think before you proceed and most of all be careful.
IMG_20180817_100531437.jpg

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/showphoto.php?photo=86339

Last edited:

RayH

New User
Ray
Take care, and do what the doc says to do. Looking forward to seeing you back in the shop -- with both hands working.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Prayer will continue Phillip. As strange as it may sound to some, the hand looks great! PT will be tough but if you persevere the outcome will be worth it. Thanks for posting some pictures, it is important to remind us all the peril of our craft.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Thanks Philip, good safety reminder. Complacency is the biggest enemy. Hope your hand continues to improve, best of luck with PT!

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
Thanks for the update. That's dramatic improvement. Stay focused on that snd keep moving forward. The body takes time to heal and rebuild. There will be a time when PT won't hurt but just be sore from working the muscles. I'm living proof with my new knee.

Tom from Clayton

tom
Corporate Member
Hang in there, Philip. DO NOT GIVE UP. We are all behind you on this. Thanks for the safety reminder.

Last edited:

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Phillip, Looks like you are on the road to recovery. Keep it up. It won't be long and you will be back turning.

John Sloop

New User
John
This may be the weirdest reply you have ever had. I googled for a nova dvr xp for sale and got you post. The number was a 704-747-4656. I called it and the guy that answered said yes he had it...so we planned a meeting. He had it but it was a dado set not a lathe. I spent 3 hours on the road for this now I am trying to figure out what happen. Have you every sold a Nova lathe? Just trying to make myself feel better over a wild goose chase.... Oh by the way do you know anyone that has a lathe for sale?

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Good to see your recovery is coming along well Phillip. Thank you for reminding us all that we need to respect the dangers of using our machines. Awareness of where our hands and fingers are in respect to the moving pieces are of ultimate importance. While using a fly cutter on the drill press, my hand got too close to the spinning tool and the outer parts which are nearly invisible at cutting speeds; I had to run to the house and bathe the injured appendages under cold, running water. Just a moment of lack of awareness.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Phillip, your hand is looking good comparatively! Glad to see and hear your recovery is continuing as well as it is. Know it takes the blink of an eye to wind up in a bad situation. Your medical care team really seem to have done some good work. Hopefully your dexterity and use will continue to improve. Will continue to lift you up in prayer!

JimD

Jim
Senior User
I'm glad your hand is looking so much better. Now when it gets back to working a lot better....

My finger injury is over 5 years old at this point. I lost some feeling but no functional usage otherwise. But the appearance is not so great - too much of the end of the finger tissue died and has not grown back. Your hand looks at least in that way better than my finger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS