Bad accident update 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Went to the doctor yesterday and he said everything looked good even the skin graft. No infection. He took the pin out of my middle finger and there was no pain. That tells me that my finger is dead for now. However I do have a lot of nerve pain in it so that might be a good sign. I can't bend it and I can't bend my thumb. Hopefully PT will work that out. I have to soak it for 20 minutes once a day. Thanks for letting me tell my story as I go through the healing process. Stay safe

Richo B

New User
Richo
I'm glad you're progressing through this. PT can do amazing things sometimes. Just keep a positive attitude and do the exercises at home that are prescribed. That's what I did earlier this year and my reason for going (the injury) is only a memory now. Thanks again for keeping us informed.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Thanks for the update Phillip, great news about "no infection", that's a huge part of the battle. Time and PT will help to gain better movement and eventually reduce pain. Hang in there brother, it does get better.

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
Keep up the positive thoughts, they will help you more than you'll know. Glad to hear everything is coming along good. The witch doctors at PT have you bending it more than you want in no time. They are miracle workers sometimes, just gave to work through the pain.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Good progress so continue it. Thanks for updating us.

Were you working in a furniture factory in Lexington? You mentioned much earlier that you may get out of the furniture business (for employment).

I am thinking about getting out of furniture for a living I am tired of getting hurt. Will still work in my little shop. Stay safe

Last edited:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Progress even in little chunks is good. Praying that time will help restore you.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Sure hoping physical therapy will bring those fingers back to life Phillip. But PT needs to be continued at home and on your own. Too often some of us will be in PT, but fail to continue the various exercises we are shown. Good luck on your recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS