Back Home From Phenolic Run

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Thank you to all of you who showed up to pick up inserts and material. I really enjoyed meeting some of you for the first time, and then there was good old FredP, Phil S's ambassador for today. Thank you Phil for all you did even though your home with a sprained back. I did that once myself and was off work for 4 weeks. Didn't eat anything for several days because I was afraid I couldn't sit on the toilet and do the paper work required, then get off it. My sympathies go out to you brother. That is the worst thing to have happen, but you'll recover.
Got some last minute messages that I completely missed, thus I missed a delivery along the way, and sat in Greensboro for awhile not realizing the effort had been cancelled, and missed sending stuff through Phil S.
I have quite a bit left on the trailer, and a big bunch of inserts. That surprised me because I only ordered and paid for what was ordered. I will take the time tomorrow afternoon to see who ordered what that I still have, and we'll try to work together to get your orders to you.
Again, thank you everybody, I just have a little ways more to go to get my money back on this project, and I really did enjoy it!

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thank you for making this happen. When you the run sorted out, maybe you could update the forum on inventory.
Again thanks

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
I'm open for more... I'd be willing to meet where it's stored and save having to deliver or haul somewhere...

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Bruce, I have tried sending you a PM, but I must not have the new system figured out yet. That said, was not able to get to the pickup point this Friday due to some family being in town...I sent a PM to someone asking if they could pick my stuff up for me, but the PM must not have gone through. While I am in no hurry for the materials, I would like to pay you. If you can figure out the PM process, send me info on how much I owe and address and I send you a check. Thank you for doing this for the NCWW, I am sure it was a lot of work, but we are very appreciative!

Donn

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Donn,
the old PM system is now "Conversations". click on the envelope icon to the left of your name and start typing names and a subject. then you can move to the message box to enter your message.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Bruce, it was good seeing you again yesterday and getting to talk some more with you and the other folks who showed up. Thanks again and hopefully your trip home was uneventful.

B.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bruce, if you still have any of the sheets or partial sheets available in October, bring some to the Extravaganza and I'll pick them up there. It is a long way off though, but hey, if you still need to get rid of them then, I can help.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I'm open for more... I'd be willing to meet where it's stored and save having to deliver or haul somewhere...

Thanks Phil. Give me a call this week and we'll try to get it worked out for you. Phone# 828-238-6514

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Bruce, I have tried sending you a PM, but I must not have the new system figured out yet. That said, was not able to get to the pickup point this Friday due to some family being in town...I sent a PM to someone asking if they could pick my stuff up for me, but the PM must not have gone through. While I am in no hurry for the materials, I would like to pay you. If you can figure out the PM process, send me info on how much I owe and address and I send you a check. Thank you for doing this for the NCWW, I am sure it was a lot of work, but we are very appreciative!

Donn

Thanks Donn, bare with me while I get things sorted again and taken care of.
email www.scrollsawbruce@gmail.com
ph,# 828-238-6514

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Bruce, it was good seeing you again yesterday and getting to talk some more with you and the other folks who showed up. Thanks again and hopefully your trip home was uneventful.

B.

Thanks Brian, and thanks for helping me strap everything back down. I must admit, I was glad to make it home before dark, the fog was annoying to beyond Statesville. I really meeting other NCWW folks and visiting, but I'm still not sure I caught everybody's names.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Bruce, if you still have any of the sheets or partial sheets available in October, bring some to the Extravaganza and I'll pick them up there. It is a long way off though, but hey, if you still need to get rid of them then, I can help.

Thanks Ken, I did have extras over what was ordered in sheet goods. After the run, there is almost $1000.00 in materials ordered that are still on the truck and trailer. My big problem will be finding room to store them here at home as my friend is hoping to have them out of his shop soon. So I indeed have a lot of full sheets as well as partial and cutoffs stored there now, and way too many saw inserts in the truck; I only bought what folks ordered and that was an extra deal.
Tomorrow I will take the sheets of 3/4" on the trailer and cut them to 24"x36" for router table tops, if folks can live with a reddish maroon color. Those will be easier to handle and store, but will sell at a higher price than I offered sheets for. I am planning to bring a load to the picnic of sheet goods pre-ordered by picnic time. Lots more 1/2" and 3/4".
Also Ken, I went $60 over on food and door prizes for the picnic. I cannot find the receipts now, but I think they got lost in the washing machine. Anyhow, I did show those receipts to Mike Davis and he said don't worry about it, but I really wanted to send them to you. Anyhow, the picnic was a really great time, and I also retired from organizing it and will let the younger folks have at it. Thanks, and watch out at that blinker light in your county!

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Thank you for making this happen. When you the run sorted out, maybe you could update the forum on inventory.
Again thanks

I will do that in a week or so as I can only get in the warehouse, which is a cabinet shop that is not in use, the owner having another very larger cabinet down the street where he makes cabinets. I came home with 3 sheets of 3/4 and 6 sheets of 1/2, which were ordered but the folks who ordered were unable to make the pickup points. So I'm planning to try another round of orders and hope for more success.

LB75

George
I can save you a little research Bruce, I requested 5 of the inserts for a Grizzly G0691 in the original thread. There have been so many different threads on this that I completely lost track of how and where to get them. I will gladly pay shipping if you'd be willing to ship them to me in Concord. I can send the money through PayPal or mail you a check, whichever is easiest for you.

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
Bruce,
I was in for $50 worth of material and I am still in for that much at a minimum. I sent you a PM, let me know how you would like to proceed. Looks like you are about 90 minutes from me, so I could make a trip out.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member

Phil, give me a call 828-238-6514.
I'll have some at the WPWC meeting Saturday morning. I just cut 2 3/4" sheets down to about 24"x40+". Have 4 of those, and another 2 pcs. 28x40, plus full sheets of 1/2 and 3/4, and cutoffs. Otherwise we can meet at a more convenient time for you.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Bruce,
I was in for $50 worth of material and I am still in for that much at a minimum. I sent you a PM, let me know how you would like to proceed. Looks like you are about 90 minutes from me, so I could make a trip out.

If I can get enough interest, I may make another run to Raleigh to coincide with the Urn workshop at Phil's. I can meet you at the Moose Café on the way. Travel time to my house from yours is right about 2 hours.
You can call me at 828-238-6514

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS