Auction - used machinery and hand tools

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
If anyone is looking for some used equipment this might be an opportunity. Auction this Saturday (15th). A few pics and the tools list below.

1620779068526.png 1620779104531.png

TOOLS-Powermatic 36” Lathe w/Tools, Cyclone 900 Dust Collector System, Frank H Clement 12” Jointer, Rockwell Planer, Rockwell 14” Band Saw, 12” Rockwell Disc Sander, Rockwell Drill Press, Rockwell Router, Rockwell Unisaw, Rockwell Planer (NR), Craftsman Drill Press, Craftsman Air Compressor, Delta Scroll Saw, CM Oscillating Sander, Chicago Elec. Metal Cut off Saw, Hobart Wire Welder Handler 175, Parts Washer, Oil Changer, Engine Stand, Husky 23 Drawer Toolbox, Torches, Acetylene Tank, Bench Vise, Planers, Clamps, Vise Grips, Grinders, Routers, Chisels, Sockets, Files, Pipe Wrenches, Power & Hand Tools, Jacks, Floor Jack, Shop Vac., Drafting Table, Workbench from A & T (94”Lx32”W w/4-Drawers & 2 Vises, Work Shop Tables, 3-Sets Bowling Alley Lockers, File Cabinets, Hobart Scales,

rcarmac

Board of Directors, Secretary
Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
Take a look at the semi radial arm saw or miter saw with open exposed blade

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
GOOD thing this is in Greeensboro!!!

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
That pile of wood looks like it could be prime real estate for powder post beetles. If not, it might well be a good buy. The Unisaw looks usable. The pile of rust that used to be a planer could still be one with enough labor. The lathe is a 60s era and a high risk machine.

Cuthriell

Cuthriell
Senior User
That pile of wood looks like it could be prime real estate for powder post beetles. If not, it might well be a good buy. The Unisaw looks usable. The pile of rust that used to be a planer could still be one with enough labor. The lathe is a 60s era and a high risk machine.
Bob,
Why is the lathe a high risk machine?

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
By the 1980s (gold era) there were some upgrades made to the design. Those 90s were popular in school shops. Some got used all the time and got worn out from use by inexperienced users. Some didn't. The cast iron speed dial's cam surfaces were subject to wear, particularly if the cam follower failed.
In the mid 90s I bought two 90s at auction from a bid list (no photos). When I went to pick them up, I found that neither had been used for more than a few hours at most. That only happened to me once.
The lathe pictured in the auction in question has a Delta tool rest and a Delta outboard tool rest stand. The position of that stand makes me think that the tool rest didn't work and the user had to use the outboard stand to rest the tools on. I've seen that more than once.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS