Assistant(s) needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I am getting ready to do a wood bending demo at the Klingspor WW Show Case Sept 11. I sure could use a hand as I plan to do some chair back bending with a steambox, some walking stick bending and some instrument side bending with a hot pipe. I am just concerned about safety and need some deputies. You do not need to know how to do this - you will learn quick enough.
If I could get a couple of folks I think we could put on a good interactive demo.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
unless I get lucky and have to work I could help [so long as I don't have to hold the hot end of that pipe]:gar-Bi so far it looks like I can be there. mornings are best for me.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
wow Phil! you must be an excellent fisherman. you done caught 2 suckers er um helpers in less than 1/2 an hour!:rotflm:

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bas and Fred you are both hired. I might have forgotten that your wage will only be a few toasted fingers and cold one afterwards.

sawduster

New User
Robert
Seems to me that bending most anything wooden would require a certain degree of manual force :eusa_thin
.......and you've hired the 2 narrowest guys in the group :eek: :rotflm: :rotflm:

I'm looking forward to watching this if I can get out of my commitments for that Sat :eusa_pray

Bas and Fred , you know I luv ya :gar-La;

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Seems to me that bending most anything wooden would require a certain degree of manual force :eusa_thin
.......and you've hired the 2 narrowest guys in the group :eek: :rotflm: :rotflm:

I'm looking forward to watching this if I can get out of my commitments for that Sat :eusa_pray

Bas and Fred , you know I luv ya :gar-La;

And even watchers earn a cold one after

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member

Well duh! It ain't terribly impressive if you bend wood. Heck, you can probably do it without first steaming it. But if Fred and I can turn a straight piece of wood into something crooked (deliberately that is - done that accidentally when rippin' boards too!), well, that's a feat.

zapdafish

New User
Steve
are they going to post times for demo's? Hopefully I'll be in town that weekend and this is one demo I'd like to watch.

sushinutnc

New User
Mike
Phil--- could you elaborate on "instrument side bending"? Is that like the body of a guitar? I build drums using a steambox (well... a PVC pipe with a teapot attached to it :wink_smil)... I've been interested in the hot pipe technique though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS