Ash

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Floors finished in the remodel. 3-1/4, 4-1/4, and 5-1/4 random width Ash plywood. 5mm wear depth - about down to the tongue/groove

Keeping room (cardboard runner for floor protection in the foreground).

Unknown-14.jpeg

Threshold detail from keeping room to Florida room
Unknown-13.jpeg

Threshold detail of hall to Florida room. Yep, it is 45 degrees.
Unknown-12.jpeg

Blessed in that for the most part the walls were straight and parallel throughout the house (built in late 1990s with one addition). Just over 1500 sq. ft. Tools: 30+ year old Delta 12" miter saw, a plastic Delta contractor saw, an off brand 9" disc sander, a 25+ year old 3hp Ryobi router with a variable speed plug (the variable speed on the router died a few years back so now I use a line control), a 10+ year old HF flooring nailer (first time I've used cleats), and a 2" HF nail gun. Made my own splines for reversing the tongue orientation.

Kind of proud of the thresholds - feeling like a baby Padawan compared to PhilS, et al., Yoda joint makers however.

Last edited:

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thank you all. Here's a shot of the MBR (or should that be Owners en suite (sp)). This room is 15X30 and somewhere in the past about 6' this side of the French door, there was an addition that included the doors. The floor in this area was 1/4" lower than the rest of the room and the wall on the right was about 1" wider at the corner you see on the right. This was the only 'tapered' board in the 1500 sq. ft. and was tapered using the (Toolcraft) belt/disk sander.

Attachments

• Unknown-15.jpeg
    Unknown-15.jpeg
    45.3 KB · Views: 83

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS