Artisan seeking Whitetail Deer Antler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truefire

New User
Chris
I am trying to obtain some whitetail deer antler(s) or segments thereof that measure approximately 1.25"-1.75" in diameter. The antler would need to still contain it's natural color tones and not be bleached out in any way. If you have some older deer antlers that you would like to depart with, i would love to donate whatever monies it is that you are asking. I understand the sale of deer antler is illegal so i will not pay you but I can certainly donate monies for your time and efforts involved in packaging up the material. Also, of course i would reimburse you for your shipping.

Thanks, Chris

mikeacg

New User
Mike
Chris,

I bought some antler on Ebay a few years back but had no idea that it was illegal. Can you point me in the right direction on this? Thanks!

Mike

Truefire

New User
Chris
Well states have various laws in regards to this, in many of the midwestern states it is not against the law to sell or possess purchased wildlife parts. In NC, there really is a grey area, it is legal to sell items that were created from wildlife parts but the individual part cannot be identified as such and cannot appear to look like 'said' part. It is illegal altogether to sell meat except that from raccoons and opposums if i recall correctly.

Supposedly in NC, one cannot buy or possess bought wildlife remnants and cannot purchase same over and across our NC state line. However the laws are grey in color and one cannot readily find such written General Statutes readily available for our knowledge.

That is how i understand it to be at present.

Now, there are game farms out in the midwest and even north of us in the states that allow it like Texas, Michagan and others that raise and sell dropped sheds off of these game farms. It is perfectly legal to buy these type of antlers. They are classified as 'preserve animals' i suppose by the fish and wildlife departments and open up this area for the sell of the antlers from these registered game farms.

More than likely the individuals that are selling in the 'spotlight' on ebay are owners of and managers of these wildlife ranches that sell dropped antlers.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS