Article in Woodworker's Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
For those of you who get wwj on page 19 is a tip by Joseph Scharle on T-Track Toilet Bolts. Congrats on the article Joe. Very good!
Terry:icon_chee:eusa_clap

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
For those of you who get wwj on page 19 is a tip by Joseph Scharle on T-Track Toilet Bolts. Congrats on the article Joe. Very good!
Terry:icon_chee:eusa_clap

You've got a keen eye Terry. That one makes 4 in the past year, but you're the first to notice. Anyway, they left out half of the tip. The seat bolts (brass) fit most miter slots too.
Thanks,
Joe

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
You've got a keen eye Terry. That one makes 4 in the past year, but you're the first to notice. Anyway, they left out half of the tip. The seat bolts (brass) fit most miter slots too.
Thanks,
Joe

I use the bolts all the time Joe and have for years! But again congrats on the article. Hope the rest of the ww who read the wwj find it and comment on it. Terry

sapwood

New User
Roger
You've got a keen eye Terry. That one makes 4 in the past year, but you're the first to notice. . . . .
Thanks,
Joe

Dang, Terry has quicker mail delivery :mrgreen:
I saw the "Tip" this afternoon and glowed, because I know Joe :icon_thum
Keep up the tips and jigs, Joe . . . you are a master!

Roger

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Jig Meister strikes again!!!!!!!!!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Joe. You need to compile a book of your fine fixture and jig tricks!!!!

(Oh ya. I noticed the tip right next to yours was from a Newfie!!!:rolf:)

Well done!

Wayne

Joe Lyddon

New User
Joe Lyddon
For those of us that DO NOT get WWJ, is it possible for the Tip o be described, etc. here?

Thank you...

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
For those of us that DO NOT get WWJ, is it possible for the Tip o be described, etc. here?

Thank you...

Here you go:
Toilet base bolts fit in most t-track; get'em at BORGs.
Brass toilet seat bolts, from old seats and plumber supply fit most miter gage slots.

Joe

M

McRabbet

I've been using toilet bolts like this for a long time -- Lee Valley even sells t-track made for the 1/4" size (BTW there are also other sizes available if you look for them). I'm glad that Joe got this one into WWJ and got a reward for it! Great tip for everyone!

As a second BTW, I also use them in shallow forstner bit countersinks for making a stud to the opposite side of a jig -- they take up very little depth in the countersink and a dab of epoxy holds 'em fast. One last handy feature is shown in the WWJ illustration -- they come with turned grooves in the threads to snap off to the desired length. Handy!

Joe Lyddon

New User
Joe Lyddon
Hey Joe & Terry,

Thank you very much! That's a good tip... I think I have some those left-over from toilet repairs, etc. just KNOWING they were too good to just throw away. :gar-Bi:icon_chee:slap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS