Armoire For My Sister

robliles

Rob
Corporate Member
37 years ago, my sister got married. I built her a king size cherry pencil post bed, two nightstands, a dresser and a mirror stand for the dresser. For her 37th wedding anniversary, she asked if I would build her an armoire to replace the one her husband had when they got married and continues to use today. I agreed and the result is attached. It is in a "shaker-ish" style like the original pieces I built and is made out of cherry with ash as the secondary wood. This has been a fun project to do with lock-down and social distancing and just staying at home until you go crazy. The only thing I have to figure out now is getting it to them. It is currently at home with me in Wadesboro, NC and they live in Lookout Mountain, TN. I can see a quick road trip in the near future.
DSCN0041.JPG
DSCN0043.JPG

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Beautiful! First cherry is one of my favorite woods, second it’s just a beautiful piece.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Wonderful heirloom armoire Rob! I have an armoire that belonged to my paternal grandfather. My thoughts have been to build another similar to it--someday. It will be tough to match the craftsmanship in yours.

robliles

Rob
Corporate Member
Thank you for your kind comments. Martin, thank you for your comment about my "back yard". I am truly blessed with where I live. The land I live on has been in my family since the early 1800's and was farmed, cotton, beef cattle (when I was growing up), row crops and around 35 years ago pine trees. My house is in a valley that covers around 250 acres and the pond you see in the background is around 10 acres. I located my house about 1/2 mile from the nearest paved road and enjoy a great deal of privacy. The only downside of this utopia is the upkeep. It is a lot. The problem is that as I get older (67 right now) the upkeep gets more and more demanding. I know I have many years ahead of me and I will continue to love where I live for many years to come.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Beautiful work, and it'll only look better as the cherry ages.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
Thank you for your kind comments. Martin, thank you for your comment about my "back yard". I am truly blessed with where I live. The land I live on has been in my family since the early 1800's and was farmed, cotton, beef cattle (when I was growing up), row crops and around 35 years ago pine trees. My house is in a valley that covers around 250 acres and the pond you see in the background is around 10 acres. I located my house about 1/2 mile from the nearest paved road and enjoy a great deal of privacy. The only downside of this utopia is the upkeep. It is a lot. The problem is that as I get older (67 right now) the upkeep gets more and more demanding. I know I have many years ahead of me and I will continue to love where I live for many years to come.
DONT EVER MOVE You live in Heaven, find someone to help or landscape.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS