Argh! Argh! Argh!...New Bandsaw!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBradley190

New User
Tim
Just put my new Rikon 10-325 deluxe together thanks to Chris (merrill77) and it cuts like dream! Soooo much better than the old Craftsman 12" that it replaced. Took a little time to get it tuned up, but with the factory blade ( which is a little cheap) it seems to perform very well. I tested the resaw on a piece of 4" cherry and it was like cutting thru hot butter. Now can finish two projects that I started because I can now resaw!!! Thanks again Chris!!
:eusa_clap

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Re: Argh! Augh! Argh!...New Bandsaw!

That is Great Tim~!

NCWW is the place to be for help and that is one impressive BS. Can't wait to see your project.

Here's your pictures enlarged for others to see better

Thanks for sharing.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member

A lot of us have that saw now. As soon as possible throw away that blade and get you a wood slicer or bosch bimetal and you will see a big improvement in your resawing.

Congrats on owning a fine band saw.

TBradley190

New User
Tim

Thanks for the tip Mike, I was looking at the woodslicer. It seems to get alot of good reviews, and that saw seems to like it. Have you guys ran a 1/4" blade on this saw with good tracking or do I need to stay with something a little wider?

Tim

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member

A lot of us have that saw now. As soon as possible throw away that blade and get you a wood slicer or bosch bimetal and you will see a big improvement in your resawing.

Congrats on owning a fine band saw.

+1 on the WoodSlicer blade from Highland Hdwr. Like Mike, and many others on this site, I have that same saw and I love it. IMHO, the saw comes w/ two shortcomings: first, the blade. Like Mike said, get rid of it ASAP. Second, the fence. I replaced mine immediately w/ a shop made resaw fence that provides much more support and is easier to adjust.

HTH

Bill

TBradley190

New User
Tim

Bill Clemmons;368711 I replaced mine immediately w/ a shop made resaw fence that provides much more support and is easier to adjust. HTH Bill[/QUOTE said:
Do you have a pic of the fence?

Tim

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken

Congrats!
Go to woodcraftbands.com and get a bimetal blade. Woodslicers are great at first, but due to how they are made, dull quickly.
I was a huge advocate of Woodslicers and the Iturra Bladerunner, until I took someone heres advise and tried a bimetal. They are double/triple the price but last much longer than 2-3 times a non bimetal.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member

Do you have a pic of the fence?

Tim

I don't have a good pic of the new fence, but I'll take a few today and post them tonight. There is a pic of my old fence (for a 14" Delta), but it is not worth copying for the Rikon. Several others have built BS fences and posted them. You might try a search for Band Saw Fence. Try this link.

Bill

Glennbear

Glenn
Congratulations on the new saw. :icon_thum To drift a little off topic I would suggest that you put covers on your wall outlets, they will cut down on accumulated dust in the boxes and eliminate the possibility of getting "bit" by inadvertent finger contact with outlet screws. :wsmile:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I run a 3/16 14 tooth for curved cuts. Takes a little time to adjust everything (one of the few shortcomings of the Rikon) but it cuts and tracks well.

Oh, for resawing I like a 5/8 blade.

TBradley190

New User
Tim
Congratulations on the new saw. :icon_thum To drift a little off topic I would suggest that you put covers on your wall outlets, they will cut down on accumulated dust in the boxes and eliminate the possibility of getting "bit" by inadvertent finger contact with outlet screws. :wsmile:

LOL!!! That's a good observation Glenn, but what's funny is the covers are in the cabinet drawer right beside the outlets!
:embaresse
Tim

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Here's a link to the resaw fence I made for my Rikon 10-325. It's not pretty but it works great. The other fence in this album is for a Delta 14". It's even uglier. :gar-Bi

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS