Arborist Wanted

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
I have an oak tree about 3 or 4 feet DBH that has a bad spot at the base. I need an arborist who can tell me what is happening to the tree and what course of action I should take. I have looked online for arborists and haven't had any luck finding one. I have looked up the IBA lists of members and called well over half a dozen with no response. The one person I actually talked to said the arborist I wanted no longer worked there. So many of the on line sites seem to equate arborist with tree cutter. If I can save the oak that would be my preference. So I would like any recommendation you all may have for some arborist who actually tries to deal with the problem without automatically wanting to cut down the tree. I live close to Jordan Lake on the east side if the arborist you know of has distance limits for travel.

Thanks in advance.

Roy G

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I have an oak tree about 3 or 4 feet DBH that has a bad spot at the base
Can you give a better description of the bad spot (rotted, oozing sap, ants)? I've had a some red oaks that had similar problems but I forget the cause.

Try Bartlett Tree Service. They'll send a "certified" arborist to take a look (free) but their treatment services are not cheap

cmboggs

Chris
User
Please let me know what you find out. I’m Greensboro with a HUGE maple in our backyard with a few scars that I’d like to get looked at.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
This from my daughter.

Honestly, Bartlett Tree Experts is very good at that type of thing. We usually use them. They're a national company, but their arborists are all certified and well educated.

Bugle

Preston
Corporate Member
These folks have done work for me before. Very professional. The owner, his wife, and several others are certified arborists.

jfynyson

Jeremy
User
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but curious if anyone found anyone good in the Greensboro/WS/High Point area (specifically Kernersville). Bartlett Tree Experts is not an option according to their website (too far away).

Thanks !

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Contact the Cooperative Extension office for your county. They will come out and evaluate the situation for free. Well not exactly free, you've already paid for the service with taxes. But its a resource many forget about.

jfynyson

Jeremy
User
As a follow up, Forsyth Co NC Coop Extension does not have a staff arborist so they would not comment on tree health or action recommendations but referred me to the N.C. Forest Service Forsyth County Office where they are already set to come out this morning to take a look and give recommended actions or inaction !

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS