• 13. Golfdad - semi-trucks

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I was quite sure this contest would bring out some great entries, but never expected this level of precision and craftsmanship

Thank you all

tghsmith

tghs
User
scratch built 1/16th scale,, RAF 63ft type II HSL,,(48"long) model is the 145 several days before D-day.. these boats formed the core of the RAF air sea rescue,, the last chance for pilots and air crew that had bailed out or ditched.. model is wood, metal, resin, fiberglass, plastic and 3D printed.. several parts are made from wood from the real 145 (sadly rotting away in a back river marina) not quite finished, still needs final topside painting and rigging, model is radio controlled and tank testing show she should perform as well as the real boats did..

Attachments

• IMGP0084.JPG
    IMGP0084.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 92
  • IMGP0056 (3).JPG
    IMGP0056 (3).JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 97
  • IMGP0053 (4).JPG
    IMGP0053 (4).JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 93
  • IMGP0054 (3).JPG
    IMGP0054 (3).JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 102
  • IMGP0009.JPG
    IMGP0009.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 89
  • wbc.JPG
    wbc.JPG
    184.2 KB · Views: 92
  • wb.4.JPG
    wb.4.JPG
    200.3 KB · Views: 94

marinosr

Richard
Corporate Member
The pic below is NOT my work unfortunately, so it's not a contest entry, but I figured I would share it anyway. My 3x-great granduncle, Gullik Gullikson, was a shipbuilder in Sweden who in his spare time would build model ships. (I wish I loved my job enough to do it in miniature in my spare time haha.) I imagine it is pretty accurate as these were the kinds of merchant ships he built in the mid-1800s. It came into my possession when a distant cousin passed a few years ago in Southern Pines and it was willed to my family. I've been meaning to make a nicer case for it.
PXL_20220412_105111079.jpg

Reference Handiwork

New User
Ref
Not exactly "to scale," but I've started making toy cars and am making some of them in the shapes of actual cars. They're a great and fun use of the scrap bin. Here is a 69 Mustang out of pallet oak (glued up) and scrap walnut.

Great fun to make and super simple!
IMG_20220327_143135565.jpg

Reference Handiwork

New User
Ref
While I've done lots of wooden toys, this entry, I think, is the only one I've done to scale and that's a pretty big stretch. I took the dimensions of my Wife's SUV and a side photo and scaled it to fit the wheels I had. On paper, the original looked sort of goofy so I took some liberty and made the toy cars a little off scale so they would look like toys. I've also made some scaled down tables and chairs for small children but I don't think that's what we're looking for.

View attachment 209854
I love how the wheels are set into the body of the cars! I've got to try that!

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
WOW ! ! ! We have some amazingly talented (and patient) members in this organization. This was one of the hardest choices I think I've had to make in one of these contest. There were 8 I wanted to vote for, but alas, we only get one vote. Great job everyone!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS