Anyone with a lathe in North Raleigh?

Ralrick

New User
Rick
Would love a small favor from someone. I've had to cut down an aluminum pole into two pieces to shorten it and I'm now looking to splice it back together. I'm looking for someone to turn a 5-6" long wooden cylinder (approximately 2 3/16 diameter) that I can epoxy in the pole to join both pieces. Happy to pay a fee for your time.

Additional details are in this previous thread - I wasn't able to get the post shortened and re-threaded so I'm cutting it down and then splice back together as was suggested here on NCWW. https://ncwoodworker.net/forums/ind...ere-i-can-have-threads-cut.69696/#post-648402

If anyone is able to do this for me in the N. Raleigh area, please let me know and I'll bring the post over. It should be simple as there is no taper and even the length is flexible.

Rick

RickR

Rick
Senior User
FYI. If you can locate a section of 2 inch EMT electrical conduit, it has an OD of 2.197 inch which is only several thousandths over 2-3/16. Might fit.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I can do that for you. I have walnut or solid plastic, your choice

Last edited:

Ralrick

New User
Rick
Thanks Phil. Are you around tomorrow at all? Or is next week better? (I’m gone 2pm tomorrow through Monday). Anything that I can epoxy in place would be great. I was even thinking of glueing up a couple 2x4s

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I will be home after 2 or 3 pm. I will turn it this weekend and have it ready for you when you return

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS