Anyone using a 20v Brad nailer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Harris

New User
John
My 20 year old porter cable compressor finally died and I've been using a crappy Campbell Hausfeld brad nailer. I've been contemplating getting a Bostich or Porter Cable 3 nail gun kit with pancake air compressor. Thinking I might use the other nail guns but primarily the brad nailer. Over the weekend I was in Lowes and the 20V Porter Cable brad nailer caught my eye. Maybe just get a battery powered brad gun and not have to deal with the maintenance of the compressor not to mention the noise really bothers my shop helpers (3 and 4 year old sons). Does anyone use the 20V Porter Cable nailer? Do you like it? What can you tell me about it? Any other batter powered brad nailers in the price range to consider? The PC is $199 at Lowes. I'm not a professional so this would be used for hobby woodworking.

danw

New User
dan
I use an 18 volt ryobi and love it. As long as you lightly oil it every once in a while, It is awesome. Never use a compressor for brads again.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
+1 on the Ryobi.

Have had mine for about a year now and never encountered a jam. Great for just popping a few brads and love the portability. No compressor, noise or hoses to contend with. Battery has held up very well.

Wayne

jerrye

New User
Jerry
+2 for Ryobi.

I have a large assortment of their 18v line, and the brad nailer is near the top.

jerrye

New User
Jerry
Next I will need to upgrade my cordless drills, I guess I should stick with Ryobi so they can share batteries.

I think their drills/drivers are pretty good; not pro level, but they meet my needs.

Keep in mind that every year around Christmas Ryobi runs a 2-for-1 deal on batteries. I get two every year at this time to feed my collection of 20 or so tools.

JimD

Jim
Senior User
I'm on my second set of two Ryobi 18V drills. One wandered away while we had work going on and the other broke driving a 2 1/8 hole saw on a solid exterior door putting in a lockset. I also drilled 1/2 inch holes in the steel of my boat trailer relocating the axle with that drill. I had a DeWalt cordless but the batteries went bad and I started with Ryobi. I doubt I will own another brand. They are good enough for me. I also have that brad nailer and a bunch of their 18V tools. The reciprocating saw isn't as good as my DeWalt corded and the jig saw is certainly in a different class than my Bosch corded but they are all useful tools. The drills are every bit as functional as any corded drill I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS