Anyone use a brochure style website? Looking for advice, thoughts.

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
Didn't know exactly where to post this so I did the general woodworking section.

I'm looking into doing a brochure style website and was looking to see where yours is hosted and general monthly cost plus how do you like it? I had an ecommerce website that cost me $276 per year with very little results. I get more sales through my pics on Facebook and Instagram.

I have my own domain name registered to me and want to be able to use it. My old website has expired as of last week and is no longer accessible. I'm looking just to have a simple presence online where I can post my info on what I do, pics, about me and contact me pages. Easy setup will help too. I'm not to good with computer stuff.

Any info you can provide is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Red

Last edited:

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Check Wixy or SquareSpace. Not sure of costing of either, but both are touted for ease of use.

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
Thanks Neal.

I found nothing for Wixy but my site was on Wix and they had nothing like I'm looking for. Square has ecommerce for $12 a month but trying to get away from ecommerce. Bluehost has something that I tried and could not get to work. That's 100% my fault because I don't understand it. They were $3.95 a month for a brochure style site with my domain.

Red

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Red, you were right, it is Wix, not wixy.

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
Very nice Joe. The cheapest package I found on Wix was at $12 a month. My site (an ecommerece site) was on Wix until I let it expire. I've seen simple brochure type website packages advertised at $3.95 a month elsewhere. Looking to see if anyone has one and their thoughts. I may have to go the Wix route but don't want to spend the extra money if I don't need to. Thanks.

Red

JNCarr

Joe
Corporate Member
When I was starting to evaluate which way to go, I visited Square, Wix, and Wordpress about half a dozen times each over the course of a week. Wix obviously picked up on the fact that I kept snooping around and offered a half price deal for up to three years - so mine is currently $6/mo. That will change to their current rate in another year :confused:

Reactions: red

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
That would probably make me sign on also. I had good luck with them, but ecommerce is not what I need any more. If they send me an offer, I would take it I think. Thanks.

Red

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors