Anyone tried Rockler's Power Bore bits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Yessir! I own a set and they are the fastest cutting, least clogging bits I've EVER used. :icon_thum One caveat, they are really made for use in a drill press where you can control the depth.

If you use them in a hand drill, be prepared to cut faster than you've ever experienced. Control can be a problem. The small bit, 1/4", will wring itself off if you aren't careful.

Worth the money, IMHO! :wsmile:

timf67

New User
Tim
+1 on the drill press. I tried using a 3/4" by hand and had a lot of issues. The majority of the flute is a smaller diameter than the tip. This helps it cut faster but difficult to control.

CatButler

New User
Bryan
Here's a little secret, they also do pretty well in bit braces. They sharpen somewhat like the auger bits too. The 1/4" tends to be a bit flimsy though.

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
Here's a little secret, they also do pretty well in bit braces. They sharpen somewhat like the auger bits too. The 1/4" tends to be a bit flimsy though.

I was thinking when I watched the video "they look just like my auger bits". And I like how those cut when they are sharp. If the squarish-shank auger bits would fit in my triangular drill chucks, I'd probably be using then in my press already! :wsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS