Anyone need some WIDE double sided tape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

timf67

New User
Tim
The place I work laminates polishing pad material (honing/stropping) with PSA so that industrial customers can attach the pads to their polishers. We have a couple of small rolls of PSA that we are throwing out. Being the packrat I am, I hate to see stuff get thrown out. There are two rolls of about 100 feet (give or take) long. One is 33" wide and the other is 39" wide. If anyone wants to try it out for turning or veneering or whatever. Let me know and I can try to get it to you.

RickC

New User
Rick
I would as well.

One thought - maybe they could be cut o smaller widths on a band saw to create smaller and more numerous rolls?

Rick

sawduster

New User
Robert
My first thought as well :eusa_clap I wouldn't mind some if you cut it and there is any left :icon_thum

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Tim,
same for me,if you can cut it to any width under a foot I would love to have some.
Greg

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
:eusa_thin:eusa_thin:icon_scraWonder if you could call the news paper and get them to cut it?:dontknow:If you cut it on the BS it will rip the ends all to H%$#.It will need to be cut with a shear.

RickC

New User
Rick
I think with the offer that was made, if the pieces were 4-5" wide, we could live with some rough edges and trim them ourselves. Plus we should probably be ready to send some $$$ his way to cover mailing unless a PE is set up.

Heck I would be willing to cut some to width for those in the Raleigh-Durham area as long as the roles are not more than 6" in diameter. (I'd even swap out my BS blade to the smallest TPI I have to minimize damage.) Then folks could come by and pick them up. Only kicker is I am getting ready to go on vacation until the 30th. But then I guess none of us have this stuff in hand now, so waiting a couple weeks wouldn't be too bad, eh?

Rick

timf67

New User
Tim
:eusa_thin... I DO have a new laguna bandsaw that is begging to be used... I will do a test cut and see how it goes. I am sending some stuff Jim's (froglips) way in a few weeks. I can send one big one or some cut small ones out that way. This won't be the only time I can get this either. I will keep my eyes open for more. Since we have 3 types of PSA, I will try them on wood to see if there are any duds when it comes to sticking to wood.

RickC

New User
Rick
Thanks, Tim. I guess I'll wait to hear from Jim as to when he has the stuff.

Jim I don't want to be greedy - just one or two rolls about 4" or so in width would be great. Maybe we can use it as an excuse to do lunch and catch up!

Rick C

timf67

New User
Tim
Oh, and I also want everyone to understand what they are getting. This is PSA - not true double sided tape. This is just the sticky stuff so to speak. It has no fibers to give it tensile strength. It can only be used to stick two things together. Hope that helps!

magellan44

New User
magellan44
Well Tim if there is any left I sure would put it to good use. 3 or 4 inches wide is fine. even 2 inches.

thank you.

Dean Maiorano

New User
Dino
does this material come with backing paper or film on both sides? If so, why wouldn't a razor knife work? If the material is too rubbery, why not 'simple' shears (scissors)?

I don't like gumming up woodworking tools with plastics. I cut urethane rod with one of my chop boxes once and it's still got melted plastic mess all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS