Anyone near Asheville that can hollow grind my chisels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigJohn

New User
Big John
Anyone near Asheville with a tormek or other good grinding setup? My shop is too small for a grinder and I need some chisels and plane blades hollow ground. Please let me know the price as well. Thanks.

Steve Martin

New User
Steve Martin
If you don't get another response, contact the Asheville Turning Club that meets at the Southern Highlands Handicraft Facility, just off the Blue Ridge Parkway. There is probably someone in the club who can help you out. Good Luck!

Rwe2156

DrBob
Senior User
Woodcraft has sharpening services. Not sure if to mail in or in store. Unless the edges are damages, you don't *have* to hollow grind, you can do it all by hand. Check Paul Sellers site he actually does the opposite - a convex grind. Also, you can put a secondary bevel on a chisel right of the box and get a perfectly useable edge. But no doubt it speeds up the process and makes for a better edge. If you already know all this stuff, sorry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rick7938

New User
Rick
Check Paul Sellers site he actually does the opposite - a convex grind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+1 I've put my Veritas Sharpening Guide in the box and sharpen mine like Paul. The chisels and plane blades are at least as sharp as ever, and the process is a lot faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS