anyone know of an acrylic supplier in RTP area

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebarr

New User
Wayne
i am specifically looking for 1 1/2 acrylic rod. would love to find a local place to purchase.

ebarr

New User
Wayne
THANKS FOR THE INFO..

they must be having problems with their website. can't bring it up.

dave

New User
Dave
I've ordered sheet (cast) and rod (extruded) acrylic from Delvies on multiple occasions. Been very happy with them and they package it well. I never ordered more than twenty 12x12 or 12x24 pieces at a time though.

Did not do alot of price comparisons, but they were very comparable to other sources I did look at.

ebarr

New User
Wayne
I did get a hold of Piedmont Plastics by phone. Salesman I spoke with was honest and was not to thrilled about spending time with me for a 1zy 2zy order. I did appreciate his honesty. It is something they do not stock and I would have to pay shipping on the order:no:.

sushinutnc

New User
Mike
I did get a hold of Piedmont Plastics by phone. Salesman I spoke with was honest and was not to thrilled about spending time with me for a 1zy 2zy order. I did appreciate his honesty. It is something they do not stock and I would have to pay shipping on the order:no:.
That's too bad. I also ran into the "oh... just 1 sheet of plastic?? That'll be realllly expensive..." when I did a walk-in to another plastics place in North Raleigh somewhere about 10 years ago. There used to be a place in downtown Raleigh (on Rush St., if I recall) that was very helpful with small orders... would happily cut to spec too. I hate they went out of business.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
I've bought plastics from Delvie (Salt Lake City, UT), NorVa (Norfolk, VA), and Pop Displays (South Bend, IN) for my prototyping. All three sell direct and also sell surplus through their Ebay stores (where I made most of my purchases). I've gotten really good service and really quick shipping from NorVa. Volume dealers like these don't like to retail small orders, but they usually have tons of smaller offcuts, to unload and found Ebay a good way to do it. If NorVa doesn't have what you need currently listed on Ebay, the folks that run their Ebay store will cut it and add it to your order- really good folks to deal with.

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
+1 on Norva. Of course they are only about 35 miles away for me :wwink:
I bought 1/4" polycarb mirror sheet from them for LOML's karate studio and they where great to deal with. I mentioned I needed a small piece of 1/4 Lexan for a shop jig I was working on and when he came back from giving the warehouse crew the order on the mirror, the guy handed me an offcut piece about 8 x 12 as I was on my way out the door to load the mirror. Next time I need plastic, I'll be going back.

wbstroud

New User
William
Did you ever find any plastic? I have some, I think it is at least 2 inch Lexan rod. How long would you need. If you still need some just give me a message. William Stroud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS