Anyone know of a kiln in within 2 hours of Charlotte that wouldn't mind sterilizing a small batch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlottend

New User
Brian
I need ~300-400 bdft of reclaimed white oak sterilized sometime in the next week or so. Closer is obviously better, but I'll take what I can get.

Last edited:

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Scott Smith in New Hill will do small runs for customers. He's not super close to you but is a good guy to work with. He's scsmith42 on the site and has his own website at http://www.quartersawnoak.com/

If you can travel a bit, he'll treat you right.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
It will be difficult to find a kiln operator that can place your lumber in a kiln immediately because most often the kiln has lumber being dried on a schedule. The only kiln I know of close to Charlotte is Kyle Edward's kiln near Iron Station, but I didn't know he won't dry lumber other than his own. Good luck in your quest Brian.:dontknow:

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Thanks all for the kind recommendations.

For the OP, we are starting a finish off and sterilization run in our Nyle Kiln on Monday. If you can get it to us by Monday afternoon, we can include it. Otherwise it may be several weeks before the kiln is available again for a sterilization run.

I'll be here at the farm on Saturday morning and can offload it then, or Sunday before noon.

Feel free to contact me at scott@quartersawnoak.com. We are located about 30 miles SW of Raleigh and about 2.5 hours from Charlotte.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS