Anyone know how to fix a cracked plastic auto lense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Lahey

New User
Mr. Lahey
I have a orange turn signal light on a car that got busted, I glued it together the best I could but a few pieces are still missing from the plastic. Apparently the colored tape is not good enough for you to pass inspection, so now I just have clear duct tape over the remaining holes.

Does anyone know of a way to replace the orange plastic pieces that are missing? I might end up having to buy a new one but I hate to do that if there is any way to repair it (yeah I'm cheap, or "thrifty" if you prefer =P )

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
I've found www.rockauto.com is cheaper than junkyards and their items are brand new. Shipping on small parts equals out to gas and PIA factor of dealing with junkyards.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
From someone that spends their entire day dealing with this issue, car-part.com is a professional place to shop. As long as you read the damage notations on the listings. If you don't You can still get burnt badly here so only compare your findings to OEM "original equipment manufacturer's specifications" for proper fit and finish.

JMTCW

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
partsgeek.com Last week I had the same problem you have. I found the part in stock, and for $53 ($36 plus shipping) it was on my doorstep 2 days later. A cople of other places I found tha part at priced it at $86 (BUT you get free shipping) and $65. YMMV

Dragon

New User
David
If all you're looking for right now is a fast repair and get a new part later, then 99% of those things are molded of styrene plastic..........the same stuff model cars are made of. Get a tube of good old Testor's model airplane/car glue and fix 'er right up.

Dudelive

New User
Dude
Repairing in NC for inspection is NOT an option. The lenses can not be cracked or show light through.
Your best bet is to get a used assembly from one of the places suggested, there just may be a policeman looking to give a ticket to you for improper equipment.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS