Anyone interested in my job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

toolferone

No, I am not leaving the company or my position. My counterpart in the northeast has taken a sales rep position with us, so we are looking for his replacement. First off it is up north! From Maine to New Jersey, including PA, OH, and WV. You would need to move up that way. Of course it means lots of travel. I have been at it a little over a year now and still love what I am doing. Anyone interested feel free to PM me with any questions and or contact info to my boss who is interviewing for the job.

T

toolferone

Sorry Ray, I thought everybody here knew wht I did.

I am the Southeast woodwroking specialest, a mouthful. I have a class B cdl and I drive a oversized Uhaul truck (not really a Uhaul, but to help size wise) up and down the southeast doing classes with end users. I also do a lot oif training with our retailers like Klingspor and Woofcraft etc...

Really education is the main focus. So the basic skills required are; a solid woodworker, good tool knowledge, class B cdl, great customer service skills, need to be able to talk in front of a crowd, and strong PC skills are important too. Ia m sure I am missing a few things, but you get the idea.

So the job would be the Northeast Woodworking Specialest. I'm staying here in the south.

Glennbear

Glenn
Sorry Ray, I thought everybody here knew wht I did.

I am the Southeast woodwroking specialest, a mouthful. I have a class B cdl and I drive a oversized Uhaul truck (not really a Uhaul, but to help size wise) up and down the southeast doing classes with end users. I also do a lot oif training with our retailers like Klingspor and Woofcraft etc...

Really education is the main focus. So the basic skills required are; a solid woodworker, good tool knowledge, class B cdl, great customer service skills, need to be able to talk in front of a crowd, and strong PC skills are important too. Ia m sure I am missing a few things, but you get the idea.

So the job would be the Northeast Woodworking Specialest. I'm staying here in the south.

Thank you for putting the word out here Tom. :icon_thum We have seen quite a few of our brethern in recent months join the ranks of the unemployed. :wsad: I myself have posted a thread announcing my need to "unretire". :confused_ This sounds like a great opportunity for someone but not for me.:nah:
1) Now that I have lived in Dixie for 3 years there is no way I am moving back North. :roll:

2) With my skill levels it would be an extreme stretch to call me a solid woodworker. :gar-La;

3) On a positive note, I do have a Class B CDL, and in my prior career I was a certified by the Police Training Commission as an instructor so instruction is not foreign to me.

I sincerely hope another member of NCWW is able to land this job. :wsmile:

Last edited:
T

toolferone

Several people have asked, so no you do not need a CDL to get the job, but you will need one right away if you get the job. It was the first thing I worked on when I started the job. Several people have asked ,e for the contact info. Please PM me if you need it and good luck to all.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Tom,

Sounds like a dream job. ... except for the north part of northeast. I would need to get that cdl... I'd retire from this and do that in a heartbeat... except for the move north part... :no: Do call if you ever decide to split your territory :widea:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS