Anyone interested in figured cherry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyekode

New User
Salem
Wow, that stuff really looks nice! If I were not 2 projects in the hole I would be interested :(.

bash

New User
bash
Hey Dan,

That is beautiful wood. If you get it I would be interested in 20 to 25 BF. Let me know.

Bruce

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
Check with Somerton Ridge Hardwoods in Boykins, VA. Chris had some nice looking curly cherry a few months ago - IIRC at lower than $8.50.

Chris Vickers
email: chris@somertonridgehardwoods.com
cell: 757-374-9270

I also got an email from him recently saying he now stocks popular exotics - including birdseye maple - hard to find these days!

Tell Chris I sent ya!

C.

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
I have a question about figured cherry. When I run into a section of wood that has some curly design I find it very hard and difficult to work with. Would I find this to be the case with figured cherry?

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
I have a question about figured cherry. When I run into a section of wood that has some curly design I find it very hard and difficult to work with. Would I find this to be the case with figured cherry?

Absolutely. I find it isn't too bad as long as you take things slow. A patch of curly wood isn't any different than an entire board that is figured. One thing that comes to mind is that a small patch of curl on a board can be frustrating since that curly patch wants you to remove stock much slower than the rest of the board. So you set how much stock is removed and it all goes great until you hit that curly patch and you get a bunch of tear out....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS