Anyone in South Charlotte area with a drum sander I can borrow some time on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl Fisher

New User
Carl
I have an end grain cutting board that I need to run through a dozen passes or so to flush up an epoxy inlay. I'm not getting the results I want with a belt sander and I need to get down a bit deeper and more even.

Looking to beg/borrow/rent some time on a good drum sander from someone in the area.

Thanks!

Carl Fisher

New User
Carl
It's amazing how much closer somewhere can be if the need is great enough :)

If it gets to that point I may take you up on it. Hoping to find someone in the Charlotte region first though.

mquan01

Mike
Corporate Member
I am on east side of Charlotte if you don't find anyone closer. Jet 16_32 is,what I have

Colin Helms

Colin
User
Carl,

I live in S. Charlotte off Rea Road and would be glad to help you out with your project. I have a 24" General sander that will work. Give me a call at 704-400-4447 and we can set up a time for you to come by.

Colin Helms

JohnW

New User
John
Carl,
I'm in Matthews area with a 16/32 Jet. Colin's General will do a better, faster job but I'd be happy to help out if you need it. PM to reach me.

John W

Carl Fisher

New User
Carl
Wow, you guys are all awesome, thank you!

Colin, I'll take you up on that since you're the closest. Any preferred time to call? I'm in and out of the shop today but will try to give you a call at some point later this afternoon.

Thanks

Colin Helms

Colin
User
Carl,

Come on by any time this afternoon, just watching TV. Give me a call and I will give you directions to my house.

Colin

Carl Fisher

New User
Carl
I'll have to see if I can squeeze in a trip over there today. I'm stuck trying to get caught up on some custom order work and not sure when I'll be able to take a break. Tomorrow is a neighborhood picnic so that's out.

If I can't pull it off this weekend, can we shoot for next Saturday maybe?

Colin Helms

Colin
User
Today or next Saturday will work for me. What about one day next week after work, I got an install on Monday but will be home mid afternoon. Whatever works best for you.

Carl Fisher

New User
Carl
Sounds like a plan, we'll shoot for Saturday.

Weekdays are rough for me with kids in swimming and band. Always shuttling someone around somewhere after work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS