Anyone in Charlotte area available for a table saw tutorial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfx216

New User
K
Hi,

I want to get into woodworking and making some basic furniture. I have a table saw and do not know how to use it. I'm looking for someone who is experienced and can show me how to use it safely, especially avoiding kickback, on my machine. Please let me know how much you would charge and your availability. I live close to uptown. Or if there is somewhere to go to learn, but I'd prefer to learn on my own machine.

Thank you!

LB75

George
Hi,

I want to get into woodworking and making some basic furniture. I have a table saw and do not know how to use it. I'm looking for someone who is experienced and can show me how to use it safely, especially avoiding kickback, on my machine. Please let me know how much you would charge and your availability. I live close to uptown. Or if there is somewhere to go to learn, but I'd prefer to learn on my own machine.

Thank you!

I posted in the other thread, but I'd be happy to swing by and walk you through the basics, no charge.

FlyingRon

Ron
I'm probably farther away than George is, but you're free to come up and I'll show you around my SawStop as well. No charge (though you can buy me a beer after we're done for the day).

Guy in Paradise

New User
Guy Belleman
Woodcraft store in Charlotte has good courses, unfortunately it looks like their next table saw class is in July. Might want to check it out for other opportunities.

Gilley23

New User
Bryan
Woodcraft store in Charlotte has good courses, unfortunately it looks like their next table saw class is in July. Might want to check it out for other opportunities.

Thanks for the suggestion....just looked up their classes. They hold them pretty regularly with a good variety of topics. Have you taken any of their classes before?

Here's s link to the Charlotte classes: https://www.woodcraft.com/stores/charlotte/classes

Last edited:

FlyingRon

Ron
My wife and I did an intro to turning class at Woodcraft several years ago. I thought it was pretty good.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Never get too comfortable with your saw. Always give it lots of respect and you'll keep your fingers intact. There are some very good books on table saw usage, that will guide you through set up, adjusting, and using your saw, as well as very helpful jigs, like a crosscut sled, etc. Rick Denardi stocks books like that at The Woodworking Source in Mooresville. Great guy to talk to!

Guy in Paradise

New User
Guy Belleman
I have taken quite a few of Woodcraft classes at shops in Virginia, Georgia, Tennessee, and North Carolina, and been very pleased with my increased skill level afterwards. Also, like the classes at Peachtree Hardware. Mixed results with classes at Rockler.

Of course, the best courses are the week long ones with pros, which I had with Arrowmont and Lonnie Bird in Tennessee.

And, our own NCWoodworker classes have been outstanding and wonderful at meeting new friends. Mike Davis's sharpening class is not to be missed.

LB75

George
The only Woodcraft class I've taken was the pen turning class several years ago in Virginia Beach. I did learn that when they say a class is for beginners, they mean it. That pen turning class was nothing but the absolute basics.

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
Where do you live in Charlotte? I have a fairly complete shop. Give me a call and I'll give you the 50 cent tour.and answer to the .my best.704-519-826

Deeptree

New User
William
Hi KFX. There are a lot of folks on here that are far more skilled than I am. However, I am willing to show you what I know.

What area of town are you in?

What type/model of table saw did you receive? Do you already have it set up?

William

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS