Anyone have feedback on the Jet JWBS-18QT-3 bandsaw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

timf67

New User
Tim
I am looking to upgrade my bandsaw in the near future and for some reason I am leaning towards the Jet JWBS-18QT-3. Does anyone own one or know enough about it to give me a review or some feedback?

nicemac

New User
Kevin
I do not have any experience with JET saw, but I do own a Rikon 10-345. It is a terrific saw for a lot less money. The early 2006 production issue gave it a bad rap, but it was promptly fixed. Highly recommend - they were on sale at the woodworking show in Atlanta this weekend for $999. I don't remember the vendor however...

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
The predecessors to this model had issues with frame ridgidity, but this one has the new triangular frame which is supposed to be a major improvement. All in all I have seen no negative reviews of this particular model.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
IMHO ... a bit overpriced, but decent looking spec-wise. For some reason I though these didn't come with a fence, but this appears to. I would make sure it does if you want one. I think you could get more for your money with a Grizzly or Rikon and not lose any quality. If you want a higher end saw, get the Laguna or the like ... not too much more money than that Jet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors