Anyone have a Supermax 25 Double Drum Sander

Status
Not open for further replies.

blazeman45

Steve
Senior User
After a couple of years of being spoiled by my little Performax 10/20 drum sander..I am looking to upgrade to a larger dual drum sander. I was curious if anyone has recently purchased the new Supermax 25 dual drum and if so what is your opinion? My only concern is that they are now made in Taiwan but do come with a 2 year warranty.

I talked to a rep at Supermax this week in reference to the 25ES but he talked me out of it and told me to go with the open stand 25 model. He said the new 25 is heavy and bulky not to mention the edge sanding feature was a last minute thought and is not cracked up to what it was intended to be. In addition the ES is 3HP vs 5HP on the open model.

I was already considering the 25 open model but he made that decision easy. If I decide to go this route I will be adding the digital readout option as well.

While my little open ended 10/20 is a good machine, I don't think I want another open end model.

Thanks in advance!!!

Steve

blazeman45

Steve
Senior User
I have a 10/20, and love it. Out of curiosity, why don't you want another open end model?

My 10/20 does well sanding single pieces less than 10". No matter how much I adjust it I cant seem to find the perfect setting to get rid of a fine line or slight rise in the center. However, I am OCD so I'm sure most folks would be ok with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS