Anyone have a 106” track I could borrow?

RedBeard

Burns
Corporate Member
Work wants me to build some 2.5’ x 9’ barn doors that have a v-groove detail in the panel. I’ve got (2) 55” but am having an issue with a small imperfection in the line where my jointer runs over the joint at the connector. I won’t need it but a couple of days. I won’t be building the final doors until next week or week after that. I’m in Raleigh close to Crabtree so preferably someone within 30 minutes or so. If someone has one they wouldn’t mind me using I would greatly appreciate it.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Burns - I do not have a long track.
It might help to specify which type of track you are wanting to borrow - Festool (and Makita and Wen) are one type, and I believe Dewalt (and someone else) have a different track.

I have had issues with joining tracks too - and eventually aligned them by shifting the track with the coupler(s) 80% tight. Once aligned as well as I could, I tightened fully. MIGHT work for you.

JimD

Jim
Senior User
My track is DeWalt and I am pretty far from Raleigh. But I have a thought. If you are not using both connectors I believe you can with your track, I would. It might help. I presume you already use as long a straight edge as you have to align the two tracks before tightening the grub screws.

I use a router with my DeWalt track but have never run that jig over a track connection. So I don't know how it would do.

RedBeard

Burns
Corporate Member
I use both connectors. It’s the small gap in between that causes a little stutter when I move over it with my router. Not typically a problem but it is for this. I’ve got a plan of attack without using a long track. Was hoping someone local had one I could borrow or rent from them for a couple of days.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS