Anyone ever use these guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

decibel

New User
Patrick
I saw the price on the Jet JJP-12 and my stomach turned since I just bought one last week. After some digging it seems they are VERY questionable from threads I've seen on sawmillcreek etc. So I'd say take it with a BIG grain of salt.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
If anyone wants to place an order with these guys, give me a call. I have a bridge I want to sell to you :)

This looks like a very sophisticated scam. Besides the ridiculously low prices, the White Glove service is a dead giveaway. Free shipping, installation and disposal, without any exclusions in the T&C? I also saw a posting somewhere that the town where their warehouse is supposedly located has no record of this company.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
BTW, this is what MoneyPak has on their web site:

When using MoneyPak with PayPal for eBay or other online merchants, transfer the money to your PayPal account first before paying the merchant. DO NOT email the MoneyPak Number directly to the merchant.
This is probably how the scam operates.

bholcombe

New User
Ben
And of course from their FAQ, you've gotta like how they want you to buy first and ask questions later.

Q. I left you a message but no one contacted me?
A. We receive thousands of phone messages daily.We can't reach everybody for some general questions so it's better if you place your order first and call us after.We also confirm all orders so make sure you write your cellphone when you register on the website.

dave

New User
Dave
I'm interested in that bridge you have Bas.... I'll send you my bank account information so that you can access my account directly. :eusa_danc

FlyingRon

Ron
Yah, definitely a scam. The site is hosted in Europe and someone traced the phone number to Canada.
The Libertyville IL warehouse doesn't exist and they hide behind dubious untraceable payment systems.

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
It is all over the net about how fake these guys are..:thumbs_do:thumbs_do:thumbs_do:thumbs_do:thumbs_do:thumbs_do:thumbs_do:thumbs_do:thumbs_do:thumbs_do:thumbs_do:thumbs_do

- http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?p=338367

- http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=1275599

Hosted through this cheap web hosting service...:eusa_naug

- http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=1275599

The prescribed method of payment is MoneyPak. Check out their advice in the use of their service...

- https://www.moneypak.com/ProtectYourMoney.aspx

These guys aren't really working that way. MoneyPak is like a prepaid credit card. It is believed that these guys are getting your money and doing a quick convert to cash. :XXcompute
You cannot recover your money via charge-backs or anything!

No "BBB" (Better Buisness Beaureu) Records:eusa_naug

Site has been up since 11/15/09:eusa_naug

Physical Address located in Netherland...:eusa_doh: No chance for recourse:argue:.
Phone is in Canada...known to do alot of telecom answering services. Multiple SCAMs use their services b/c Canada is a "Safe Nation" for Americans, but still no legal recourse for them.

If you buy here, you will be....:icon_scra:BangHead::kamahlituand lets not forget:cry_smile.

Sorry for the length and all the smileys, trying to get a point across.

Zach

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
Oh yeah and almost forgot!!!!!!!!!!!

They are using Craigslist HEAVILY for this scam!

Zach

Trog777

New User
Trog
Danggit! I was waiting until they started selling Martian T74 classics for $68.50 and I was gonna jump!:rotflm:.

b4man

New User
Barbara
Seriously guys, from what I've read here this is pretty scary. That site looks to be genuine and for most of us tech-impaired there would be little reason to question their practices.

I hope this post gets a lot of attention!

Barbara

FlyingRon

Ron
The site may look slick (most likey they stole that from an existing one someplace as well), but darned few legitimate internet/mail order companies don't just take credit cards. Western Union and other goofy payment schemes are always sure sign of a scammer. The MoneyPak dodge and WU don't require them to be in the US nor anywhere they say they are. As soon as you give the info, the money is gone from Nigeria or wherever they are hiding. Both WU and MoneyPak warn you right off to not do deal with businesses that take them directly.

tommyt654

New User
tommyt654
I love it when a plan comes together, I had posted this on several wood related websites and through the concerted efforts of several people they have for the moment been shut down. Definetly a scam, but some people I,m sure have been ripped off. Its because of members here and at others woodworking websites we are able to police scam artist like these. If anyone here other than myself complained to there state agencies then a high five for you. :gar-Bi

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Thanks Tommy - YOU got the ball rolling! So take pride in that. Although this is the first time you've actually saved me money, usually I end up spending money on one of your reported deals :) I'm going to go broke on all these deals... :rolf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS