Anyone else interested in a Saw Sharpening Workshop?

PappiJoe

New User
E
Hello everyone-

I tried to sharpen a saw last year, unsuccessfully, and haven't found the will to try again since then. I saw there was a Saw Sharpening Workshop last year and I reached out to one of our master members for assistance. He said that there is a chance we could have one this year if we have enough interest.

Anyone up for the challenge?

zapdafish

New User
Steve
I would be. Got some white oak i'd like to cut down to size for my next project with my crosscut saw and have been putting off sharpening it, lol

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
This sounds great, we just need to come up with a good time to put it on and a place to do it. I'm thinking that the second Saturday in November could work. I'm going to talk with Eric at Klingspor in Winston and see if he'll be ready for this. So please work with me on this and I'll contact the necessary people to make this happen. The reason I say this about the dates is September and October I'm going to be doing outreach projects and I do have a day job as well.
If this is sounding interesting to anyone the class size will have to limited to no more than 6, the cost I'll have to work with Eric first and we will settle on a number. If we have enough interest then we will plan on scheduling a second class on a later date. This is a class I enjoy teaching and if you have a handsaw or in my case handsaws you really need to be able to sharpen and maintain them. I'll touch base with some folks this week and I'll see if we can make this happen.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hey everyone I spoke with Eric this morning, he's game we just have a few details to work out with Coleman and we should be able to announce this. With the labor day weekend I'll probably have something by next week.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS