Anyone currently have a Steel City 1.5hp Dust Collector

Rex

New User
Rex
I recently bought one that had been sitting in a guys unfinished wood shop. He assembled it but never got around to using it and i got it for dirt cheap.

I just emptied it for the first time and went looking for replacement bags. They are no where to be found. The drum assembly measures about 60" in diameter. Cant find any aftermarket bags that fit.

Any suggestions??

Thanks!

beloitdavisja

James
Corporate Member
I have that dust collector (got it from a fellow NCWWer for free). The guy who gave it to me gave me some extra bags, but I can't find them anywhere. I use a separator so I don't replace the bags all that much. The one that's on there is made by Platte River Engineering (as were the extras). It looks like the Klingspor bags linked above will probably work. I do have the manual but it doesn't look like it mentions the replacement bag size, just a part number (OR70011) that doesn't return much on google. If I find anything else, I'll let you know.

I've been really happy with that DC. It replaced my Delta AP400 that was rated about half the CFM the Steel City is. I just connected it up to some PVC ducting with blast gates, and I love it even more.

Rex

New User
Rex
I think you meant a 60" circumference, which is a little over 19" across. Klingspor's sells 19½" bags: Dust Bags 19.5" Diameter X 33" Clear 5pk | Klingspor's Woodworking Shop

wow...so much frustration because i dont math good. haha. crisis averted. thanks matt!
7c87610a148398a2cd91e97290005fba.jpg

Rex

New User
Rex
I have that dust collector (got it from a fellow NCWWer for free). The guy who gave it to me gave me some extra bags, but I can't find them anywhere. I use a separator so I don't replace the bags all that much. The one that's on there is made by Platte River Engineering (as were the extras). It looks like the Klingspor bags linked above will probably work. I do have the manual but it doesn't look like it mentions the replacement bag size, just a part number (OR70011) that doesn't return much on google. If I find anything else, I'll let you know.

I've been really happy with that DC. It replaced my Delta AP400 that was rated about half the CFM the Steel City is. I just connected it up to some PVC ducting with blast gates, and I love it even more.

i plan to hook it up to a separator in the future but for now im happy with it. this is my first dc coming from years of using shopvacs. i plan on buying the bags from klingsors. shoot me a message when its time for you to restock and i'll let you know how they worked. thanks for the help james.

smallboat

smallboat
Corporate Member
build yourself a separator. Don't know what machines you are using. I built a separator for the DC that I use with table saw, planer, lathes and band saw. I purchased a bucket top separator that I use between my sander and shopvac. The only time I get anything in the DC bag is if I let the separator fill up. take a few minutes and build one, you will appreciate it every time you're in the shop.

Johnson

New User
AD
build yourself a separator. Don't know what machines you are using. I built a separator for the DC that I use with table saw, planer, lathes and band saw. I purchased a bucket top separator that I use between my sander and shopvac. The only time I get anything in the DC bag is if I let the separator fill up. take a few minutes and build one, you will appreciate it every time you're in the shop.

smallboat, could you post pictures or an explanation of how you built your separator. I have tried in the past with a PVC elbow and 5 gallon bucket with a lid. It kept collapsing on me and I could never get happy with the setup.

Thanks

smallboat

smallboat
Corporate Member
The bucket separator I purchased at Home Depot. They're in with the shop vac accessories. For the DC I built a standard type Thien baffle separator. Lots of examples on the web. I'll check and see if I have photos on this site. If you can cut a big circle out of plywood you can build one. Go for it! You won't regret it.

smallboat

smallboat
Corporate Member
yeah my photos are a little confusing. I'll get some more this evening and post them here just for clarity. In the mean time just look up Thien here on NCWW and elsewhere online and you'll find plenty.

beloitdavisja

James
Corporate Member
i plan to hook it up to a separator in the future but for now im happy with it. this is my first dc coming from years of using shopvacs. i plan on buying the bags from klingsors. shoot me a message when its time for you to restock and i'll let you know how they worked. thanks for the help james.

Aha! I found my extra bags. They are 20” diameter by 40” tall bags, Platte River Engineering part #893-254

Reactions: Rex

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS