Anybody near Asheville?

zdorsch

Zach
Corporate Member
I can’t vouch for the plywood personally, but folks on this site have praised Mark O’s products before.

Claus

Claus
User
Not sure about the vendor but this wood has been available around here for quite a while from various sources. It’s my understanding that these pieces are from Asian shipping containers, boxes/pallets with an inner bag full of apple juice concentrate. The ”show pieces” in the ad are pretty uncommon, most have knots and nail holes, and I’ve seen a lot with stenciled markings painted on. And lately a lot of them have some kind of plastic coating on one side.

Having said that, I have bought a lot of these myself for shop projects and molds for small concrete projects. They have been cheaper from other dealers, around $3 from a guy on Greenville (SC) Craigslist.

—Claus

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
The ad mentioned is NOT Scroungers Paradise (Mark Olivari).

Scroungers Paradise is worth the trip. He's got pallets of good plywood and carries a good selection of hardwood (purple heart, zebra wood, blood wood etc).

Last edited:

tandemsforus

John
User
If the ad that was deleted is the guy that puts up 1/2 sheets every couple weeks on craigslist, its good plywood. I bought 10 sheets from him a while ago, it was $6 bucks a sheet, finished on one side, no nail holes, no stains or stencils, very good plywood. I think it was an inch thick. When I picked up my sheets he had around 75 sheets in his garage and said he picks up a load all the time.
I am out of town or I would post a couple pics.

Boomer76

New User
Boomer
If the ad that was deleted is the guy that puts up 1/2 sheets every couple weeks on craigslist, its good plywood. I bought 10 sheets from him a while ago, it was $6 bucks a sheet, finished on one side, no nail holes, no stains or stencils, very good plywood. I think it was an inch thick. When I picked up my sheets he had around 75 sheets in his garage and said he picks up a load all the time.
I am out of town or I would post a couple pics.

I think he was a little south of the Asheville airport.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors