Anybody else have soggy shop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffP

New User
Jeff
No significant damage or loss...mostly just a mess to clean up and some poorly placed cardboard boxes that will be headed for the trash soon.

Seriously need to put in a french drain along the back side of my dilapidated old shop building.

Anybody else suffer some flooding during the Great Gurgle of 2015?

NOTW

Notw
Senior User
So far i have stayed dry, but i live on the top of a hill, and i think Greensboro has gotten more rain than we have here.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Dry here thank goodness. I had the same thing every tine it rained Jeff. I installed a full length drain in driveway 10 years ago. Problem went away as long as the drain is cleaned out regularly

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
High and dry here. House and shop are located on highest part of the property. It's about 60' above creek below.

JimD

Jim
Senior User
Both my 2 car garage for cars and my oversized 1 car shop garage took on about 3 inches of water. I am in the Columbia, SC area and we've had over a foot of water in the last 24 hours. My issue is my house sits down from the road and my drain on the driveway gets overwhelmed when we get a lot of rain AND I get leaves over the drain. Happened last night for the first time after I rerouted the gutter drain to behind the house. I guess I will extend the drain so it is harder to plug. Should have checked it before going to bed last night. I had cleaned it earlier in the day. I've hosed both garages out and opened them up so they can, hopefully, dry out.

I live on lake Murray. It has risen 2 feet in the last 24 hours. Another foot and it will start up my back yard. Probably going to happen. The house is 6 feet above that so it will not flood but the yard could suffer some damage. Septic could also stop functioning. We've lost power a couple times but only briefly. SCE&G could drop the water level but that would require opening the flood gates and the rivers are well above flood level so I am pretty sure they won't. Water will probably continue to rise for a couple days yet even though rain is reduced.

My house is much more fortunate than many in this area. Roads are flooded. Creeks are as much as 10 feet above previous high floods. Lots of houses and apartment buildings flooded. Churches were closed because of road closure today. Most people are only inconvenienced but there are water rescues going on at a pretty high rate. Cars being washed off I-20 and I-26. It's worse flooding that Hugo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS