Any of you computer guys need one of these

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

New User
Rob
Reads flash media cards, from cameras mostly. This is good timing as the wife's pc died, her new laptop is on it's way.

sawduster

New User
Robert
OK, now I'm really interested in this but it smells a little funny to me :icon_scra

Free ? Why free ......what's the catch ?

gator

George
Corporate Member
Reads flash media cards, from cameras mostly. This is good timing as the wife's pc died, her new laptop is on it's way.

OK, so it reads flash media. So why do I need one? My computer reads these, and I have a camera dock for my camera. I guess I'm such a computer idiot that I don't really understand.

George

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
OK, so it reads flash media. So why do I need one? My computer reads these, and I have a camera dock for my camera. I guess I'm such a computer idiot that I don't really understand.

George

Sounds like you don't. A lot of computers though don't come with built in readers. A lot of newer ones do though which may be part of the reason they're trying to get rid of these.....

Rob

New User
Rob
We need one for the wife's laptop, we don't have a dock, she can hook her camera up, but it's much easier, plus it reads different kinds, so she can read my cameras without having to hook it up. Flash media can be used to transfer files also. My computer has one, her laptop does not.

thrytis

New User
Eric

George

One reason to use a reader rather than hooking the camera up to the computer to download files is may be faster. One of my cameras is older and i think only supports USB 1.1, and downloading can be painfully slow. Using a card reader is much faster. Also if you have a device that requires going through special software to access it instead of mounting it like a flash drive, it may be easier being able to manipulate the files on your card using a reader (which mounts like a flash drive) rather than going through the special software. I use a reader for transferring stuff to my phone for this reason.

RayH

New User
Ray
Using a reader for the card instead of USB and the camera also does not use the camera battery.

JMTCW
Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS