Any interest in free (used) deck boards, hand rails, balusters, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brogan

New User
We're having a new composite deck built so just seeing if there's any interest in the existing deck boards, hand rails, balusters, etc.

Everything except the sub frame, which will be re-used.

Only 6 months old so everything is still in good condition.

The boards are screwed, not nailed, so should come up cleanly, although it will take some time to remove that many screws.

The dimensions are 11' x 15', so the deck boards are ~ 11' long.

The deck builder is just going to scrap it, so it would be good if it could be re-purposed.

I'm in Apex, about 2 miles from exit 62 of the 540 (Green Level West Rd).

Just waiting for the builder to finalise the contract and give me a date to confirm when it will be available.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20180131_135306.jpg
    20180131_135306.jpg
    327.9 KB · Views: 175
  • 20180131_135331.jpg
    20180131_135331.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 184
  • 20180131_135316.jpg
    20180131_135316.jpg
    398.5 KB · Views: 180

Brogan

New User
That looks like a brand new deck. Was there a misunderstanding with the builder?
It was the deck supplied by the builder when we bought the house.
They wouldn't not build it and give us a credit so we had to let them build it, all the while knowing we were going to rip it out and replace it.

I didn't want to use the contractor the builder used as quite frankly the quality of the work and construction is garbage, so we waited until after closing and are going with another contractor for the new deck.

A waste of time and money all round but due to the way the contracts are written between the builders and sub contractors, they won't give credits for unwanted stuff.

Brogan

New User
I would be Paul and it would be much appreciated!!! Just give me a time.
Would you want the whole lot Chris?

The new contractor would like me to demo and dispose of everything, so just trying to get an idea if there would be anything left.

Lowlander

New User
Chris
Yes ,I could use it all. Great timing as my deck needs new everything. Pretty much the same dimensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS