Any ideas on a better ways to attach Dust Collector Bag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwallwork

John
Corporate Member
I've had a Jet DC-650 dust collector for many years, that I'm tired of the way the dust bag is attached to the collector. I'm still using the standard metal bands that feed through the cloth bag belt loops. I hate that always slips off when I'm engaging the tightening mechanism, and that the metal hooks and edges, catch on the fabric when I'm inserting/removing the bands from the bag.

Has anyone done any hacks to improve this?

Thanks, in advance. Just looking for ideas.

John

NCGrimbo

NCGrimbo
Corporate Member
Rare earth magnets. Glue 3 or 4 of them to the metal band on the side that faces the DC and they hold the bands in place when you go to tighten. I say glue them to keep them from slipping off the metal band even if they are strong enough to hold without the glue. I've dropped one or two due to sideway forces pushing them off the metal band. That's almost as frustrating as the original problem.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Thein separator will almost totally eliminate having to empty the bag! Had the same issue with my Delta until I put in a separator.

:notworthy:

jwallwork

John
Corporate Member
Rare earth magnets. Glue 3 or 4 of them to the metal band on the side that faces the DC and they hold the bands in place when you go to tighten. I say glue them to keep them from slipping off the metal band even if they are strong enough to hold without the glue. I've dropped one or two due to sideway forces pushing them off the metal band. That's almost as frustrating as the original problem.

Interesting, still have the issue of the hooks and metal edges catching on the bag though. Ideally I'd like to get away from the metal bands. But definitely something I can try out. Off to the hardware store.

jwallwork

John
Corporate Member
Thein separator will almost totally eliminate having to empty the bag! Had the same issue with my Delta until I put in a separator.

:notworthy:
I have been debating the idea off upgrading to a Wynn Cannister Filter and put a dust deputy cyclone. Thinking about it as a Christmas present for myself.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
You will like the Wynn Canister filter. I had one as an upgrade for my older Delta DC - was well worth the update cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS