Any Homemade Tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rex1927

New User
rex
HI Everyone,I am new here.If this post is in wrong section please let me know.
I was wondering if anyone else has any homemade tools their relatives left them or you made yourself?
I am always looking for new ideas.
I have a wooden tablesaw my late father made before I was born.
I helped him use it on job after job when I got old enough to work for him.We finally bought him a new one from Sears for his birthday about 20 years ago.The one he made still worked good.We just wanted to get him a brand new large tablesaw.
I still have the wooden one he made and it works fine.Good memories.
thanks,guys

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
My grandfather had a wooden tablesaw platform into which he'd drop his most prized power tool. He had a worm drive circ saw that he would flip upside down and push stock through. Although he would clamp a 2X4 for rip cuts, but I'm not sure he ever heard about the miter gauge concept.
If he had, he didn't buy into it.

jdulaney

New User
John
I'm a blacksmith. I am working on making tools for both general smithing and wood as well as gun smithing.

Bugle

Preston
Corporate Member
I have several butcher knives that my great grandfather made. The story I was told was that he made them from a broken two-man crosscut saw. We have some newer high end knives that we have bought over the years, but I have to say that the old knives hold an edge much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS