Any experience on these router tables?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy in Paradise

New User
Guy Belleman
In the continuing search for a router table, pre-made or plans to build one, I discovered these tables being sold in Canada. Anyone have any experience on these tables or thoughts on the value?

I know I could make a better table, but time is precious, and after gathering all of the materials, insert, fence, track, switch, drawer guides, etc. etc., I would have spent quite a bit more than this price tag. Already have a Triton router ready to install. The 32" width also appeals to me in my small-ish shop space.

http://www.rt1000.com/id53.html

RT1000 tables.jpg

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I built the one from Norm's Plans and DVD on the New Yankee Workshop website. Looks a lot like that one except the base is a tad larger and it has 3 lower drawers. I bought the top, lift and fence though from WoodPeckers.

I really like the design and the plans and DVD aren't that expensive. It's made mostly of a single sheet of Oak Plywood with some oak boards for a face frame and drawer fronts. Didn't really cost much to build. Was actually the first cabinet carcass that I ever built and I learned a lot from it. Both what to do and what not to do in classier projects.

Leviblue

Kevin
Corporate Member
It looks like a variation on the one from New Yankee Workshop. I built mine from the plans and have had it for over 15 years. Its a nice setup.

Guy in Paradise

New User
Guy Belleman
Guess no one has any experience with the RT1000 router tables by this seller. The tables look good from the pictures and it seems like good materials have been used. After adding up the cost of the materials, I don't see how I can make one for much cheaper than these. Plus, just gathering all of the track, wheels, knobs, insert, etc., and then spending several days (for me anyway) it seems to me these might be good deals.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
that's a pretty good deal....don't forget to add in shipping costs:eusa_danc

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
Discovery Place in Charlotte has one in their exhibits shop. I've used it several times and did not have any complaints when I used it, although it's hard to form much of an opinion with so little of my use, but none of the other guys in the exhibits shop seem to have any complaints about it either. It seems to be well worth the money spent.

Charley

GeorgeM

New User
George
I have had one for about 8 years and I love it. It has excellent dust collection, storage for your router bits and your routers. If I had to do it again I would go the same route. The gentleman who builds these is a straight shooter.

Guy in Paradise

New User
Guy Belleman
For information, I sent an email to the maker of these router tables and here are some excerpts from the answer I got back. I intend to purchase one of the tables, and right now there is a great sale price that includes a bunch of accessories with the table. I am just waiting to see if I can buy it now and get delivery next spring. I have already let Joe know that perhaps some of the pictures on the website should be updated to not show the toe kick anymore. As GeorgeM says, Joe is a straight shooter and willing to assist.

"Thank you for your interest in our Table Guy

I'm confident that you will enjoy working with RT1000XL router table. You can order our router table any time, as we build these 350 days a year. This special though will end Jan 6 we usually put another sale in July but I can’t guarantee it.

For your concerns I find the majority of our customers prefer the dust port on the sides that way they can place the unit up against a wall. If you like I can offer a cabinet without the dust port and you can set it where ever it works best for you. You can remove the Plexi glass cover and attach an adapter to draw the dust from the back of the fence. But there is a 2.5” hole in the top, under the fence that you can attach an adapter (we sell them they are a DC-2.5) with a 2.5” opening, the 1” end can be cut for shop vac hose up to 2 ¼”. The baffle board that separates the router compartment from dust compartment works very well with a 4” DC.

The Toe kick has been removed on out tables for at least 5 years as a customer advised me I didn’t need a toe kick. Since the table top over hangs which makes the cabinet much more stable when the lower drawer is full. You cannot put swivel casters under the cabinet must be ridged or an aftermarket mobile base that the cabinet fits in.

I don’t understand the question about the T grove. we have an aluminum T track on the fence and the mitre track. If you mean where the knobs clamp the fence down to the table top. I have done that and found it take too long. But if you like I can include 2 tracks if you want to install them yourself.

If you have any concerns do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks’ again Joe"

Guy in Paradise

New User
Guy Belleman
Update. Ordered a router table from RT1000.com. Got the New Year's Special and set up for delayed delivery. The special includes some nice extras. I will post personal views later. By the way, several folks on the Sawmill Creek forum had these tables and were very happy with theirs. I am looking forward using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS