Any Consignment Shops Near Hickory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Retirement isn't as great as I was hoping; mostly it's the severely diminished income. I had visions of selling my handcrafted clocks, Crosses, and misc. to supplement S.S. I have an inventory of Crosses, clocks, and misc. but other than the extreme pleasure and satisfaction of making something beautiful from wood, I almost am forced to stop woodworking, unless I can somehow get a small return for the cost of the supplies I have to buy. Selling at the house or shop isn't practical because we live far from the travelled highway. What I am hoping is that somebody could point me in the direction of a reputable consignment shop that would be a suitable venue for the items I make. A barbershop in Maiden has allowed me to place a half dozen items there, but only 1 Cross has sold in the past 5 months.
My wood shop is a well equipped 24 x 24 main building, with additions. It contains a Dewalt scroll saw, Jet cabinet saw with router top add-on, Jet 14" bandsaw, Delta miter saw, Jet jointer, Ridgid planer, Porter Cable router table, Jet drill press, Delta drill press, Jet VS Mini-lathe, Grizzly 42" lathe, Duplicarver, Delta bench grinder, 8" bench grinder with Wolverine jig, Delta spindle sander, 3 Delta belt and disc sanders, and on and on, plus all kinds of power tools and hand tools. My investment was over many years. I really don't want to stop, and give it up, so all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.:confused_

Sully

New User
jay
I don't know about any consignment shops but have you explored local farmer's markets?

For example, every Saturday morning here in Washington there is a farmer's market where people sell fruits, vegetables and hand crafts. Just a thought.

I hope you can find a way to make it work.
J

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
I posted this a while back:

Need arts and craft people to work on site (Belmont, N.C.)

Wanted artist and crafters to come sell and do on site some of your work and let others watch you do your trade. We are a open air market in downtown Belmont and open every Saturday from 8am to 2pm,charge$5.00 to set up and sell, some cases we do not charge,have different vendors selling from produce to antiques. If interest contact Billy at 704-772-5167 or email

Outa Square

New User
Al
Fantastic Finds in Newton might be an option. I have not been there but my Father has a both there. He sells miscilenous stuff from small furniture to skeleton keys. There is a place in downtown Conover that I believes does consignment, also there is a place opening in downtown newton soon that doesn't do consignment per say but I would imagine that they would be open to that on a case by case basis. I'll check and let you know if find out.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Thank you for all the helpful advice. I went to Fantastic Finds on Bus. 321 Newton/Conover. Debbie, the manager, showed me around and said she had a bboth that woud be available Aug. 1. Its quite a place, with many vendors, but nobody offers anything like the type of woodworking I do. I contracted the booth for the next 3 months, and hopefully it will be for far longer, if my items sell well enough. Thanks again everybody, for your advice.:wsmile:

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Thank you for all the helpful advice. I went to Fantastic Finds on Bus. 321 Newton/Conover. Debbie, the manager, showed me around and said she had a bboth that woud be available Aug. 1. Its quite a place, with many vendors, but nobody offers anything like the type of woodworking I do. I contracted the booth for the next 3 months, and hopefully it will be for far longer, if my items sell well enough. Thanks again everybody, for your advice.:wsmile:

Good luck with the booth! :icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS