Antique and Reclaimed Lumber for sale. Come out to the Open House Day in Durham!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterK

New User
Pete
Open House Reclaimed Lumber Sale!
5401 Friends School Road, Durham, NC 27705 on Saturday July 9th from 9:00 A.M. -- 2:00 P.M. (Refreshments provided)

Up for sale +/- 100,000 board feet of quality, unique reclaimed and antique lumber salvaged in North Carolina over the last 24 years. Buy great wood from old homes, barns and downtown buildings. All wood has been stored dry as well as spray-protected from insects. Examples Include:

• White Oak-- (including QS and T&G) 1'' stock up to 7''x14'' logs. Several thousand board feet in all thicknesses, widths and lengths. Some pieces as old as 250 years.
• Old Heart Pine (including T&G) 1'' stock up to 8’’x8’’ beams. Several thousand board feet in all thicknesses, widths and lengths.
• Sycamore-- 5/8’’-3'' th x 6’’-18'' wide x 9' long. Several thousand board feet.
• Soft Wormy Maple-- 5/4, 864 board feet
• Banak-- 5/4, 500 board feet. Also 4/4, 90 board feet
• Ash—substantial quantities.
• Buckeye-- ''
• Hickory-- ''
• Tiger/Flame Maple-- ''

+more, as well as various power tools and hand tools for sale

44_banak_54B_M_011.JPG

View image in gallery

The owner of the materials is Durham resident Howard Staab, a woodworker with over 40 years of experience. Howard currently makes small homes and cabinets in NC and has built structures from Nicaragua to Antarctica. He’ll be hanging up his tool belt this Fall, which is why he is selling his salvaged lumber now.

5401 Friends School Road, Durham, NC 27705
Saturday July 9th 9:00 A.M.-2:00 P.M.​

Cash Preferred, Checks Accepted

Thank you for reading, I hope to see you all there
Peter Kostin
(919) 619-8217

Steve_Honeycutt

Chat Administartor
Steve
Anyone from the Triad planning to go to this event and would like to carpool, PM me and let's see if we can work something out.

Steve

PeterK

New User
Pete
Just a brief update about prices:

White Oak--$2.25 pbf
Heart Pine--$2.50 pbf
Sycamore--$2 per board
Soft Wormy Maple--$2.25 pbf
Banak--$1.00 pbf
Ash--$2.00 pbf
Buckeye
Hickory--$2.50 pbf
Tiger/Flame Maple-- $4.00 pbf

PeterK

New User
Pete
Yes, we have Black Walnut @ $3.00 pbf and some brand new Hard Maple T&G.

Tomorrow is the day everyone, we were getting ready all day today. Bring your friends and a truck, look forward to seeing you all there!

Pete

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Okay, let's start the gloating. I scored 50 bf of some very nice Ash. :banana: Don't know what I'll make w/ it yet, but I got it. :eusa_danc

Who else? I saw a few NCWW members there.

Bill

Vetteman9956

New User
Brad
Ok Bill, since you saw me there I can't hide. I scored 50 bf of Tiger/Flame maple and about 40bf of wormy soft maple. Saw Jim (froglips) there and I think he bought everything else:gar-La;

Steve_Honeycutt

Chat Administartor
Steve
I scored 30 bf of walnut, some screws, received a couple of shop tours, and met a few NCWW members. It was a good day. :icon_cheers

Thanks to Bill Clemmons for the ride and the company. Also thanks to Howard and PeterK for the incredible deals. In a few weeks (months for me) we should be seeing some incredible projects posted.

Steve

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I was there as reported!

Thanks Peter for inviting us, an amazing shop and what a lumber stash!

Thanks to Dan for driving me and hauling the lumber back to my place.

After many years of looking, lifting, contemplating, I scored two workbenches worth of wood!

After picking through almost all of the old pine industrial flooring, pulled out 8 boards.

Most are about 7" wide, 4+" thick and about 6 1/2 foot long. Few knots, but lots of character.

Also grabbed up four 5x5x6' for legs.

While checking out, my eye spies.... end up with two spruce mantles. Both 6' long and 11" wide. One is 4 and the other 5 1/4 thick. Don't ask, I won't have any sort of answer. Its just how I roll......

It was a big day for big lumber. :eek:ccasion1

Woo-Hoo!

Oh, the second bench wood was for Ed.

Pics will show up when I start working this amazing stock!

Jim

jholmes1

New User
Jordan
I didn't see this post until too late!

Any chance I could come poke around and take some lumber off your hands?

-Jordan

dpsnyder

Dan
Corporate Member
As Jim mentioned, it was a great day for lumber. So what started out as a simple quick lumber run, ended as a weekend project.

I ended up with almost 140 bd feet of 5 different kinds of wood. Funny how that happens. I went to get some banak!

Problem was it was all 12-14 ft long and my garage is only 11' and I have vertical lumber storage and I didn't want to cut it.

So I spent the rest of the weekend building a new lumber rack in our crawl space and moving the wood down there.

I know, I know. No pictures.... But sweat dripping into the lens isn't pretty!

Dan

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I know what you mean, Dan. Some of the Ash boards I got are 14' feet, and my wood shed is only 12'. I couldn't bring myself to cut them yet so there is 2' sticking out in the open. :embaresse

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors