Another "what were they thinking"

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Maybe is some strange land, 7.68mm translates to some standard thickness material. No, not 8MM, not quite 5/16. just enough off.
RIdgid miter saw throat plate.

They are cheap so I ordered another but was going to make a nifty dovetail replaceable slip in insert, but that makes it harder than it needs to be. Might get some 5/16 pheo and sand under the boss to fit.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Using the pheno, I hope to rout a dovetail in it so I can slip in a wood center without needing tools.

Does the tape actually support the edges well enough?

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
$2 a foot. One could route a thin trough to put it in if their plate was rigid enough. Not the flimsy plastic of my Ridgid.

Looking at "A" they make a lot products I did not know about. A thin double sided tape is getting hard to find.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
Maybe is some strange land, 7.68mm translates to some standard thickness material. No, not 8MM, not quite 5/16. just enough off.
RIdgid miter saw throat plate.

They are cheap so I ordered another but was going to make a nifty dovetail replaceable slip in insert, but that makes it harder than it needs to be. Might get some 5/16 pheo and sand under the boss to fit.
They Might be thinking so people buy their OEM replacement?

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Replacement is $6 so they are not making a killing. 3 cent piece of plastic though. If they had them on the shelf at the Borg, they might sell a few. As it is , you have to search for them.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS