Another tragedy with a Happy Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I don't seem to have very good luck shipping furniture.

20151210_171112_800x450_800x450_.jpg

The base for the Nursery Glider arrived intact but the chair portion had a little damage. My nephew fortunately found a shop that would repair it for about half of what I insured it for. They did an excellent job.

Repaired_Glider_-_Copy.jpg

Good as new and here is the happy wife and daughter.

Happy_InLaws_-_Copy.jpg

Happy_Great_Niece_-_Copy.jpg

I think I need to make an Ottoman Glider to go with it.

Glennbear

Glenn
I have a tack trunk I would like to ship to my daughter on the west coast. What shipper did you use ? where is nephew located ? what was the cost ? did you do your own crating ? I checked with the nearest UPS store and they seemed somewhat clueless and quote seemed quite high. Thanks.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I used UPS and had the UPS Store package it. That is the only real way to guarantee that you'll collect on the insurance, letting them package it.

Nephew is in Kansas City. Had a similar problem shipping a wine cabinet to my niece in California. Both had happy endings. Shipping costs are extremely high in my opinion, but there aren't a lot of alternatives. I had to ship this in two boxes, one for the base and one for the chair. It was over $400 to package and ship them. The wine cabinet was about $250 to package and ship if I recall. I insured each of these packages for $400 a piece. Jeff, my nephew found a place to repair the chair for $200 and UPS appears to be about ready to settle the claim for that amount. I had the wine cabinet insured for $500 and UPS ended up paying that full amount which is what the niece paid to have that repaired.

In both cases the UPS Store has worked with me and the recipient to get the claim processed. Two different stores BTW.

Lowlander

New User
Chris
I have a tack trunk I would like to ship to my daughter on the west coast. What shipper did you use ? where is nephew located ? what was the cost ? did you do your own crating ? I checked with the nearest UPS store and they seemed somewhat clueless and quote seemed quite high. Thanks.

Try greyhound, I shipped 3 dining chairs thats were boxed to Los Angeles for less than $150

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS