Another Robland X31 has landed in Fuquay

Status
Not open for further replies.

yellofins

Ron
Corporate Member
I finally have time to update and gloat a little.
I have cleared room for the saw and the renewal process has started.
I have been cleaning and oiling this saw.
The top surfaces had rust from sitting for 6 years but the rest of the system looked clean.

Thanks Pete for posting the CL ad. I did finally work a deal with the owner.

Here it is after the first rounds of cleaning and polishing. Now the checks and adjustments start.
Hopefully by next week I'll have a calibrated and fully functional saw/shaper/planer/jointer/mortiser.

Loading it was easy with the help of 2 younger friends.
Unloading it was a breeze alone. Just shows what a good trailer and a good mobility kit can do for you.

saw_and_fences.jpg

Mortiser_and_jointer.jpg

Saw6.jpg

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Wow - that top looks stunning! After hearing you talk bout your adventures in rust removal at lunch, I was expecting it to look nice, but that is almost a mirror.
Excellent score!

algustaf

New User
Al
My friend in Apex has one of those and he really likes it. It is a great option overall, but especially if floor space is an issue. Enjoy!

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Man, I just Googled the Robland X31 - that's a heckuva machine...er, machines - you have there. Perfect for your shop I'd think.

Gloat on, big time!!! :eusa_danc :eusa_danc

That Jet TS in the background looks a little nervous. Once the Robland has been optimized is the Jet out? :eusa_thin

Chuck

yellofins

Ron
Corporate Member
Chuck,
The jet is gone....picked up today by the new owner.
Now I need to optimize the machine and the shop.
I'll be changing things around a little to better use the space.
Ron

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I see what you mean about the table now.

Congrats on the acquisition. Get ready for a new way of woodworking!

jhreed

New User
james
I was the one that picked up the saw from ron. You should see it. It looks like something out of an operatiing room. I think ron is in the medical profession. The saw i got from him is so clean and polished all i have done so far is sit in my chair and marvel over it. If you have a chance to buy a tool from a brother, you do not have to worry about the condition.
Thanks ron for a great saw and a great deal.
James h. Reed

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I was the one that picked up the saw from ron. You should see it. It looks like something out of an operatiing room. I think ron is in the medical profession. The saw i got from him is so clean and polished all i have done so far is sit in my chair and marvel over it. If you have a chance to buy a tool from a brother, you do not have to worry about the condition.
Thanks ron for a great saw and a great deal.
James h. Reed

Yup; I bought his old scroll saw. You can tell it's old because, well, uhm, the manual (included in pristine condition) sez so... :gar-La;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors