Another newbie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cskipper

Cathy
Hello! My husband and I were excited to find this site. He is more accomplished at wood-working than his intro implied. I have just started learning to use a lathe - that is so cool! I also do some scroll saw work. I've done some 3-D ornaments and am learning to do intarsia. I hope to learn a bunch from ya'll. Thanks for letting us join.
cskipper

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Funny, he made you out to be the artist, and he the "piddler", he must love you. We welcome all of any skill level, heck that's why I'm here, if you had to know what you're doing I wouldn't be. I think intarsia is really cool stuff. I am slowly working on my scroll saw skills, and hope to be able to do work like that someday. Well, welcome to the forum and I look forward to your input, and your husbands too. Dave:)

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Welcome. I gather from your avatar that you are another dog lover. As you can see, so am I. My avatar is Rocky the male half of a pair of 9 yr old siblings.

Oh BTW, DaveO, he and Pebbles decided to help your new planting beds. They both spent a good part of the day providing a lot of extra fertilizer:rotflm:

Monty

New User
Monty
Welcome to the forum! Maybe you can teach me what intarsia is.

:eusa_thin hmmmm.....

"I think this soup needs more intarsia"

"Have you seen the new Pontiac Intarsia?"

"Ingredients: high fructose corn syrup, natural flavors, intarsia, FD&C yellow No. 6"

"Would you like the darjeeling or the intarsia?"

:-?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Intarsia:

rope-frame.jpg

Painting pictures with different types of wood as your color pallet. Really cool stuff!!!!!!!!! I know something Insomniac doesn't:eusa_danc :eusa_danc :eusa_danc
:bigcool: Dave:)

cskipper

Cathy
Yes, we are dog lovers too. We have two beautiful boxers. Living between two towns has made that difficult. As to the intarsia - I took a class and learned a lot. Unfortunately, a major thing I learned was that I have toooo much vibration in my scroll saw. Guess it's time to redesign its "station".

Jay

New User
Jay
Welcome and glad to see someone that has some experience with the scrollsaw. I don't have much experience with any of it but am very interested in the scrollsaw. Have plans to get one although not in the immediate future. Would love to get your recommendations on a good one for a beginner. Would also love to see some pictures of the work you have done. Anyway welcome to the site.

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site. I've always been fascinated by the intarsia (did I speel that correctly?) Got any pictures handy?

-clay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS